Why won't my HTC EVO charge?

JessIdance

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
My cell phone will not charge. I tried to plug it into the wall charger, and quickly realized that the phone's light never turned on indicating it was charging. I tried a series of new charge cords; all of the cords work to charge other phones but suddenly will not charge mine. There is noting visible blocking the place where it would connect and I haven't dropped my cell phone. What is the issue?

I realized my cell phone was having a difficult time keeping it's charge?I don't know if that's related, but I figured it's best to include all information I can.

Thank you for your time and help in advance

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Most likely the USB connector has disconnected internally from the circuitry. I had that happen to me twice with my old EVO. I had to get it replaced the first tiime since it was still under warranty, but the second time I went and got an extra battery and a standalone battery charger....so I had to swap out the batteries every day.

I have learned to be much more careful when dealing with the USB charges as to not twist or otherwise put undo pressure on it while it's plugged in.

You might also be able to charge it wirelessly if you're so inclined to invest in that stuff. Not sure if the EVO has a kit for it or not though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair