Quick Question - Offline Maps/GPS With Walking Direction?
Hello soon i am about to travel to south america. Because i wont have any data plan there so I would need a working offline maps with GPS/navigation service. I have tried Google offline maps but it doesn't work with "direction" so I find it kinda useless. Do you guys know any offline maps/GPS service with walking direction? Navigon is the closest thing to what I want but I can't download the south america maps from play store (they say it's not available for my country). I am thinking to buy NDrive considering they use the same database (navteq). Do you think it will worth the buy?
Does NDrive have walking GPS direction (and available offline) like Navigon? Thank you!
If NDrive doesnt do it for me, what is your suggestion guys?
- 03-19-2013, 05:46 AM #2
- 4 Posts
Re: Quick Question - Offline Maps/GPS With Walking Direction?
I use navigation service only driving the car. When travelling I usually use public transport or just walk around.
I tell all my friends about MapsWithMe app. Last year I came to Japan and it was very usefull for me. I couldn't find any other offline maps for Japan that I used in USA before.
It has GPS positioning and offline search for objects and by categories, and shows you the distance and direction to the wanted object.
I want people to know about this app because I consider it to be really useful. And it has maps of the whole world
- By MillardMynatt in forum Tablet AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 01-15-2013, 09:35 AM
- By RangerJP007 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 01-07-2013, 07:20 PM
- By cgk in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 2Last Post: 11-15-2012, 05:09 PM
- By rmead001 in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 4Last Post: 08-07-2012, 11:24 AM
- By Radman in forum Verizon Droid ChargeReplies: 27Last Post: 01-19-2012, 11:12 AM