AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
So I've been with Android for almost 2 years now. I have a Nexus S 4G. I wanted to know how important RAM is on a phone? My phone has 512 MB and I'm thinking of upgrading to the new Galaxy S4 which has 2048 MB RAM (Dual-channel) / LPDDR3. So how much of a difference is it and what will I notice on the phone with it??

Thank you in advance for my n00b question lol.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I think the biggest difference you'll notice from the extra RAM is much, much better multii-tasking. For example, if you're in the middle of an email, switch to another app, and then back to email, you'll probably find yourself in that same message. I suspect that now you end up back in the message list, because the email app didn't have enough RAM to stay active.

Other than that, you'll notice the S4 is much faster, much smoother, and the UI has seen significant improvements.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
When comparing the NS4G to any of the newer devices like the HTC One X, HTC One, S3/S4, etc... you are going to notice so many improvements and not all entirely to RAM. Yes RAM plays a huge role in smoother interface and providing a virtually lag free experience but being a former NS4G owner myself it was a heck of a device for its time but its showing its age and limit compared to todays dual/quad cores and 1 or 2 GB RAM phones and all the other goodies under the hood.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20