Wifi 'Unable to scan for networks'

Nicole V

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
In Jan. I switched from Sprint to a different carrier and got a new phone with the new carrier which left me with my HTC Evo 4G and I've been trying to use the Wifi so I can use it at work or at home when I don't feel like using my laptop and whenever I try to turn my WiFi on it just turns on then off and tells me "Unable to scan for networks". I've read all sorts of forum posts where people seem to be having a similair issue but none of the solutions seem to be working for me.

I've noticed that it says that my IP address is unknown and Bluetooth isn't working either. I did a factory reset on my phone and all that did was delete my Doctor Who background.

Sidenote: my husband was on my family plan and he had the same phone with the same service and his WiFi is working fine.

So if any one has any suggestions of things I can try or if you can think of anything that I may be doing wrong let me know because I'd love to use my EVO as like an IPod type deal. :)

Thank you in advance :D

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
In Jan. I switched from Sprint to a different carrier and got a new phone with the new carrier which left me with my HTC Evo 4G and I've been trying to use the Wifi so I can use it at work or at home when I don't feel like using my laptop and whenever I try to turn my WiFi on it just turns on then off and tells me "Unable to scan for networks". I've read all sorts of forum posts where people seem to be having a similair issue but none of the solutions seem to be working for me.

I've noticed that it says that my IP address is unknown and Bluetooth isn't working either. I did a factory reset on my phone and all that did was delete my Doctor Who background.

Sidenote: my husband was on my family plan and he had the same phone with the same service and his WiFi is working fine.

So if any one has any suggestions of things I can try or if you can think of anything that I may be doing wrong let me know because I'd love to use my EVO as like an IPod type deal. :)

Thank you in advance :D

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-3d/98205-unable-scan-networks-wifi-problem.html