google play wont open!!!

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
every time i click on the play store icon it looks like it starts to open then before the page could even load it closes and if i do it enough times it says sorry play store isnt responding...anyone heard of this before? and whenever i restart my phone this message pops up, unfortunately, the processcom.google.gapps has stopped

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Try going into Settings>Application Manager>tap on Google Play, and clear out the cache. Wait several seconds, and try to reopen the app.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
every time i click on the play store icon it looks like it starts to open then before the page could even load it closes and if i do it enough times it says sorry play store isnt responding...anyone heard of this before? and whenever i restart my phone this message pops up, unfortunately, the processcom.google.gapps has stopped

Sorry, thought of a detail after posting; You may have to swipe to the side to All Applications in order to see Google Play, but it will be there.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
If the above doesn't work then you may have to factory reset. Be sure to backup anything important before doing so.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi did the above work? (Deleting the cache)? Im having the same issue. Wanted to know before trying it. Thanks

You won't lose anything by deleting the cache or uninstalling Play Store updates. It's the factory reset option that will erase your phone data.

If you haven't rebooted then they that first. See if that clears any errors before trying the above.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

sozy asami

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes , same here but it doesn't show any error masseges .....
I installed play store .... I just have icon not open not work .....
I tryed to download avast on my android but it,s show u don't have device..
I'm new android user so I need for some help and thanks

Louloul

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Obviously this is an issue effecting lots of Samsung users. I have an S3 and im having the same issues. I have tried all of the above and it still does not work. Any other suggestions?

Margaret Moore

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Jonathan Padilla, you are a life saver... I have tried so many things to get Android back on my Samsung Galx.. 3. I did exactly what you said and I'm back on with Android thanks so much.

csilko

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Padilla. All the other worthless posts (including this one) should be deleted except yours, because it actually solved the problem.

Shane Kulpinski

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I tried everything also try this go to application manager then side swipe to your left until it says all on top scroll all the way to the bottom until you see enable downloads hit yes and that's it!!!

tommypain1776

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
thanks Shane. i kept trying how others described it, and mine was enabled.
scrolling to the bottom was the trick

>>>Shane Kulpinski
>>>I tried everything also try this go to application manager then side swipe to your left until it says all on top scroll all the way to the bottom until you see enable >>>downloads hit yes and that's it!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer