synchronize contacts and calendar between android, blackberry, and outlook

Arjay12345

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi - newbie here.

I have contacts and calendar events on my Windows Outlook desktop, I use an Android HTC One X for personal use, and now have a Blackberry Bold for work use. What can I use to keep contacts and calendar events synchronized between all three?

It doesn't need to be auto synchronized like a cloud service (though happy to consider, but have heard horror stories where everything has been auto wiped off all units), and so a push service would be better so I can be in control of which devices are being synchorinized and when.

There must be something out there, no?

Thanks
Arjay

Clcto

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
CompanionLink has a product; CompanionLink Express, which will handle both the BlackBerry Bold and also Android using a single sync system. You can set it up for direct sync, where Outlook is your master database. You can also set it up with Cloud Sync if you like which is a push service like you mention (although it doesn't wipe the data). CompanionLink Express is the product needed to support two different devices OS's from one data source. It is licensed for up to three computers so you can use it at work and home to keep a home computer in sync.

Meyer Goldstein

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to Android having just received my Galaxy S4 Active 3 days ago after having a Blackberry for about 15 yrs. .
I struggled with how to move my BB contacts over to my new Android...do I have to use some sync software, should I export it to a file format and try to import it, should I first sync BB with outlook, gmail, hotmail, etc. and then add the internet email to my new droid....all seemed complicated given that I only had one active device and couldn't pass SIMs between phones because they were incompatible (different sizes).

I took a step back and started simply - I paired the two devices using bluetooth...gotta love bluetooth.

Once paired I figured I might find some way to pass contacts between devices so from my deactivated BB I highlighted the galaxy S4 in my bluetooth menu and pressed the BB key (for those unfamiliar with BB this is the key with the pattern of seven dots and is the most fundamental key on a BB that drives all menus/options).

There it was, the fifth option down..."transfer contacts"!

After many hrs spent over three days, consulting technical friends, browsing the net, and just thinking about it, it finally took me about 45 seconds to seamlessly and easily transfer 212 contacts directly from my BB 99xx to my my new Galaxy S4....

I love my new Galaxy, but...gotta love blackberry too.