Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help: "SD card is being used as a mass storage device"

I need help with my Samsung Galaxy S2 i1900 guys. I cannot access my gallery and anything associated with it (camera, some apps and etc.). When I attempt to open gallery (and others) I receive a pop up that says "SD card is being used as a mass storage device" I didn't drop it or mess with the settings. This problem just came out of nowhere.

More details:
    - Occasionally I'll get a notification on the scroll down menu that says "USB storage damaged. It may need reformatting."
    - When I connect it to my computer with the USB, the drive doesn't show up on "My Computer" (it usually does). IT DOES HOWEVER show up on my "Devices and Printers" on the "Control Panel" as a connected device.

I already did some researching on Google and found no solution that works. Anyone had this problem before and fixed it? Anyone have any idea how to fix it? I'll reformat or Factory reset if I need to, but I want to see if there are any alternative solutions since I don't want to lose my files. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Help: "SD card is being used as a mass storage device"

Do you have a card reader on your computer available to you? If so you could try taking the sd out of the phone and putting it in an adapter and reading it that way.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Both the Micro SD and the card "inside" of the phone is not working. The Micro SD that I bought came with an external USB plug. I tried using it today and the computer could not go into the files. It is just greyed out on "My Computer" as "Removable Disk (F". And when I double click it, it says "Please insert a disk into Removable Disk (F"

what does it mean? sd card beign used as mass storage device?