1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Should Hyperlink on google spreadsheet function on android tablet?

Google spreadsheets allow hyperlinks to be placed within cells, such as explained here:

This works fine with my pc, where clicking cell offers prompt to click to go to hyperlinked page.
    When same document is viewed via my Nexus 7 tablet, I can see the kyperlink text in the cell, but it does not respond to single tap, or touching and holding etc.to activate the link.

I believe this is a commonly used feature and anticipate it's a feature that google should if anything be better at than excel to encourage the migration to cloud computing.
    Upon googling for info, I can't find other's having problem and I did find a website with known issues with google spreadsheets ( only ahandful listed) but no mention of the above problem.

So, is there a non-obvious way to activate the link or is it a problem or known bug?
    (I hope this the the right sub-forum foum forthe question)

TIA
    Dave.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Should Hyperlink on google spreadsheet function on android tablet?

Well, in absence of reply I tried another google... and this thread came top... but no answer.
    Via the google spreadsheet 'help' I found the google forum and this thread which resolved it for me:
    http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!searchin/docs/hyperlink$20android/docs/Z7uCAg3FOos

It's not tap.. or double tap, it,a tap, wait then tap again to get flagged prompt for 'follow link' to tap again. Easy once you know. :-)

Default Re: Should Hyperlink on google spreadsheet function on android tablet?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave R Smith View Post
    Well, in absence of reply I tried another google... and this thread came top... but no answer.
    Via the google spreadsheet 'help' I found the google forum and this thread which resolved it for me:
    http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!searchin/docs/hyperlink$20android/docs/Z7uCAg3FOos

It's not tap.. or double tap, it,a tap, wait then tap again to get flagged prompt for 'follow link' to tap again. Easy once you know. :-)
    - - - Updated - - -

Thank you Dave, just what I was looking for!