Antivirus

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Does adding a Antivurus App really do anything good for ure phone ???

I don't use one... never have. Some people swear by them. Mobile platforms are not targets of viruses. When is the last time you heard of a virus shooting through smartphones? Never. Now that WILL change in the future as more and more is done on mobile platforms. Stay away from pirated apps (paid apps people cracked and made available for free) and you will be alright. Ok.... now you will read a bunch of posts that disagree with me and some that do agree.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
From the article above:

?If you only install software from trustworthy market places (like Google Play) and do not use your smartphone very often for web surfing or e-mailing, the OS is still pretty safe,?

Aren't web surfing and email the top 2 uses of a smart phone? This article seems kinda pointless. Plus the people they interviewed are trying to steer you towards their software.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
From the article above:

?If you only install software from trustworthy market places (like Google Play) and do not use your smartphone very often for web surfing or e-mailing, the OS is still pretty safe,?

Aren't web surfing and email the top 2 uses of a smart phone? This article seems kinda pointless. Plus the people they interviewed are trying to steer you towards their software.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.
That line is just dumb, I surf a ton and nothing has happened. It's if you download infected files and honestly all it takes is a bit of common sense to avoid this. It's very safe, the only issue is the person using it.

BadHead1970

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't care whether you strictly need one or not, it is the first thing I downloaded and installed.

It may be relatively safe now, but it's only a matter of time before a virus sneaks into the Android eco-system. Best to be sure. I'd advise installing one as soon as you get a phone.

Also, using public gateways, as of the kind supplued in a certain coffee chain and such like, can be a minefield if risk.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't care whether you strictly need one or not, it is the first thing I downloaded and installed.

It may be relatively safe now, but it's only a matter of time before a virus sneaks into the Android eco-system. Best to be sure. I'd advise installing one as soon as you get a phone.

Also, using public gateways, as of the kind supplued in a certain coffee chain and such like, can be a minefield if risk.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
Especially since AVG is free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol