Outlook.com on an Android

Moondoggy

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for some updated information regarding the use of Outlook.com on an Android for mail, contacts, calendaring and tasks.

Currently I use Gmail for email and contacts but Gmail Google does not support ActiveSync so I can't sync my contacts, mail and calendar between my smartphone, my Gmail account online and my copy of Outlook 2010 on my PC.

It's been suggested however that if I swapped my gmail account with my Outlook.com account, I can sync mail, contact and calendar between Outlook.com online, Outlook 2010 on my PC and my phone. The problem is that I don't know what email clients on my phone will support an outlook.com account vs. a Gmail account. I know that Microsoft has an Outlook.com client for the Android but I don't know what functionality it offers and how compatible it is with my phone which currently relies on my contacts that are stored with my Gmail account.

What I need is for someone that has and uses an outlook.com account as their sole email, contact, and calendaring on their phone to give me the low down. If you can help, please reply.

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I have an outlook.com email address set up on both my Nexus 7 and RAZR MAXX HD and both of them sync my mail, contacts, and calendar perfectly. This is using the built-in mail client on both the phone and tablet. I've tried using some different mail clients such as Enhanced Email, K9, Maildroid, and maybe a couple others but I've always gone back to the stock client for one reason or another. Outlook.com uses the same server settings as hotmail and some of the different clients explicitly state they don't support hotmail.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995