Trying to install Cyanogen, can't even get to unlocking the phone

jediskickass

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
So the steps on how to install Cyanogen mod are very difficult. I find myself back-tracking all the time.
You can't just simply start there, first you have to unlock your phone, right?
Then root it? Then install Cyanogen mod, but in between all of that you have to install the Nexus 4 toolkit, which i did, and it says that it's unable to find my drivers.
I've done so much to fix this but it's fruitless. I've uninstalled my drivers, turned my computer (I have windows 8) back on so it'll re-install them, got the LG drivers pack, went to the XDA forums were they gave me the right link to download more drivers, still nothing. I saw were i can download gingerbreak on my phone without the hassle of a computer but i wanted to ask the community if that was okay.
I'm just tired of trying to find the problem, I spent a good 6 hours last night just trying to install the drivers and nothing happened. I need help.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
i believe you are using nexus 4. follow step 0,1 and 3 to unlock bootloader and flash custom recovery.

you dont have to root to install cyanogenmod. step 0 will install drivers, 1 will unlock bootloader.

jediskickass

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
can i just skip all of this and just use gingerbreak?
i followed the steps to install the drivers and my computer didn't recognize them
then i uninstalled them and restarted my computer, still didn't work, i've spent hours on this, it's sooo frustrating

iNeedICS

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
can i just skip all of this and just use gingerbreak?
i followed the steps to install the drivers and my computer didn't recognize them
then i uninstalled them and restarted my computer, still didn't work, i've spent hours on this, it's sooo frustrating

Which tool kit did you use? I used mskips and my nexus rooted in less than 10 min (and that still is a long time compared to how quickly I can do it now lol)

Sent from Squishy's N⁴

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie