Need help with my android.

Suryansh Pathak

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello there, i recently bought a new Micromax A25 Smarty, that's an android phone. i haven't inserted the MMC yet and i am wondering how can i use the internal 110 MB. i am unable to use those 110 MBs and now i am curious to know the reason for it. i can't click a pic, i can't install an app, can't download anything!! Need help!

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
That's extremely low internal storage. What android version u are on?

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
You're going to need the card. That phone has no memory (well, only 120MB available to you). Here's stats I pulled:
256MB RAM, 512 MB internal memory (120MB user memory), 32GB expandable memory with micro SD

So put a card in it.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
256 RAM?
Ouch...will it even be able to run any games other than maybe Snake & Minesweeper?

All jokes aside, does it have access to the Play Store or another 3rd-party App marketplace?

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I only have 350mb of RAM available on my XOOM, and I can run graphically intense games like Shadowgun without a hitch.

Sent from my XOOM.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I only have 350mb of RAM available on my XOOM, and I can run graphically intense games like Shadowgun without a hitch.

Sent from my XOOM.

That's different RAM you're referring to. The 350 MB of free RAM is from the System RAM (I think 1GB on the XOOM), which is used for active apps and processes. This is the RAM that Android likes to keep relatively full with processes in order to keep them active and swap between them more efficiently. Your XOOM otherwise has at least 8 GB of storage space to install apps (i.e., if you have the 16 GB version).

The 110 MB of free memory that the OP is referring to sounds like the Application Storage, which is separate from system RAM, and which is where apps are stored when installed. That is an exceedingly low amount of available memory. The only thing you can do if you don't want to root the phone is to go through each app under Settings/Apps, and move as many of them as you can to Internal Storage (that's the onboard RAM that's partitioned into a separate storage section, sometimes confusingly referred to as SD card--not to be confused with the external SD card that you physically insert).

You could also try App2SD, which can move apps to an external SD card, but from what I know, it only works on Gingerbread and below; so if you have Android 4 and above, it won't work.

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
That's different RAM you're referring to. The 350 MB of free RAM is from the System RAM (I think 1GB on the XOOM), which is used for active apps and processes. This is the RAM that Android likes to keep relatively full with processes in order to keep them active and swap between them more efficiently. Your XOOM otherwise has at least 8 GB of storage space to install apps (i.e., if you have the 16 GB version).

The 110 MB of free memory that the OP is referring to sounds like the Application Storage, which is separate from system RAM, and which is where apps are stored when installed. That is an exceedingly low amount of available memory. The only thing you can do if you don't want to root the phone is to go through each app under Settings/Apps, and move as many of them as you can to Internal Storage (that's the onboard RAM that's partitioned into a separate storage section, sometimes confusingly referred to as SD card--not to be confused with the external SD card that you physically insert).

You could also try App2SD, which can move apps to an external SD card, but from what I know, it only works on Gingerbread and below; so if you have Android 4 and above, it won't work.

Whoops, my bad.

Sent from my XOOM.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12