Anyone with LENOVO P770 here? need help !!!!!!

Lenovoski

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello, recently i acquired this phone from ebay. It came from Hong Kong. It is rooted from what i understand(dont know much about Android). I have few questions to ask, and few issues with it.
1. There is no settings for Audio in Settings menu. I used to have an iphone and i had EQ and some other settings.
2. My live wallpaper "Digital Hive" that i have paid for and downloaded from Play Store does not stay on. If i shut off my phone it goes back to that colorful soap bars screen.
3. I only get about a day of usage of the phone on one charge, even though my battery is 3500mAh ???
4. My GPS does not work. I tried software that came with the phone and could not get it to work, neither with google nor other apps.
5. Internal storage is always near the maximum 1.79GB +/- even though i selected USB storage and SD storage. I uninstalled all apps, switched to USB and still it takes my internal storage. USB storage is 1.81GB.
6. i tried updating my firmware and my phone wouldn't. I selected USB storage in settings before downloading etc. and rebooted to find my ANDROID lying on the floor with its feet up and a belly open with an exlamation mark. It also was saying file not found .update failed. and a bunch of chinese letters.
7. my volume through earphones is quiet, tried two sets that i have used on my iphone, and they are quiet now.
8. BTW... is p770 same as p700??????

HELP!

otherwise LENOVO great phone !!!!

distractablemom

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I wish I could help you, but I'm not that savy.

Could I pester you with a question though?

I am thinking of purchasing an A820 from Ebay as well. Would you mind telling me which seller you purchased from and how you would rate the sales experience? Also, how has the phone been working? Are you still happy with it?

Guess that was more than one question, oops.

Thanks for any input you might have!

distractablemom

Avan Khoo

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi there, Lenovoski,

Just saw your thread when I am searching for the original memory size and from your description, I found my answer... As for your case, here's what I think...

1) The audio setting is basic volume setting. No EQ unless you install third party software. Just press the volume up or down key and you should see the volume bar, and a "mixer level" kinda icon next to it. Tap on it and you should see the volume setting of 3 items - Call volume, notification volume and speaker volume.

2) I guess the Digital Hive is being installed in the external storage. Which during power up, the phone is slow in grabbing data from the SD card, causing the live wall paper to fail and reset to default ones (the soap bar)

3) There are many different power profiles. on your home screen, slide your finger down from the top of the screen to bring up to "toggle buttons". Slide from left to right and you should see "Energy Smart" battery icon. Tap on it to bring you to the battery control screen. At the bottom, you should see a "Choose pattern" button where you can select how your battery should be used. Mine lasted for 2 days on normal use. A week if I turn off all data, wifi and gps. And one day if I turn on everything and use it heavily.

4) Your GPS is either off, (again, use the slide down toggle button, or go into setting and turn it on, with assisted GPS also turned on... Otherwise, it could either be a hardware (GPS module) issue or a partially failed rooting process.

5) The internal and USB is sharing the 4GB storage. And I too have issue with the lack of memory. I have thus followed instructions online, rooted my phone, and reformatted my storage. Now, I have 3.6Gb internal memory, and a mere 21MB USB. I keep some essential apps (like launcher, wallpaper, basically those that is required to run when the phone boots) in the internal storage. The rest, less important ones, (like games etc) are kept in my microSD. Oh... And do buy a Class 10 MicroSD. that helps too...

6) Once your phone is rooted, it basically don't look to Lenovo for update anymore. So your updating don't work. Anyway, Lenovo P770 simply support 1 update only (as far as I can remember). That's Jelly bean (4.1.1). There is no new updates so far.

Storing in USB always has its risks... For it is slower in speed than internal memory, thus it may fail to load completely when the phone boots, or is slow and takes a longer time to load... But in your case, I am suspecting a partially failed rooting process.

7) Lenovo's headset is not the same as iphones'. The pin configuration is different. You will hear a throbbing sound in one of the 2 ear plugs if you use those that are meant for iphones. And the volume is low. You can either use normal headphones (those that only has 3 sections, meaning you will not be able to speak through any microphone because there is none), or to use Lenovo's original headphone.

8) They are not the same... In external design as well as specification. Find the difference below:

Lenovo P700i - Full phone specifications

Lenovo P770 - Full phone specifications

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC