Google Keep Bug

bevhoward

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
First, if you have 4.0.3 and up and haven't tried google Keep, take a look... it's a very useful notekeeping and syncing tool.

There is a bug with Keep's lockscreen widget to watch out for.

The long version of the lockscreen widget allows viewing notes on the lockscreen and appears to work correctly if you maintain notes on a single device.

However, if you enter or edit notes on other devices or usin the Keep webpage to add or edit notes, updates will NOT appear on the lockscreens of other devices.

Further, if you unlock and go into Keep, the edits will then be visible in the MAIN APP but, if you make no edits or additions and return to the lock screen, the original lockscreen display will be the same... without the edits you just viewed in the main app.

The workaround is to make a minor edit (such as adding a space) which will then force the app to update the local lockscreen.

More info on Keep at https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=com.google.android.keep&token=xYrmmQal

Hope that this information is of value.
Beverly Howard

Tronstar

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for this! I have been using keep on my N4, but was planning on using it it across devices when I get my N7. Is this problem in the homescreen widget as well?

bevhoward

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Is this problem in the homescreen widget as well?

Don't know... I just use the keep app icon on the homescreen (actually, the action bar)

You should be able to test it by making edits on the web page and see what happens on the device.

Beverly Howard

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance