Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3 EXTREMELY rapid discharge

Starting yesterday I noticed that my battery was draining faster than usual, the phone having died after being used for half the day, when it typically makes it the full day. Nothing was being used more or less, and all of the application managers and battery life charts indicated that everything was running as normal. Then this morning after having the phone charged for the entire night, it tells me that on the remaining battery life the phone will only last about 7 minutes, and the percentage is dropping rapidly (about a percent every 30 seconds) Any idea what the problem is?

Default Re: Galaxy S3 EXTREMELY rapid discharge

If the phone actually powered down and not just reporting the level wrong, and nothing abnormal shows up on the usage chart, my guess is the battery itself is defective.

Global Posts
    9,463 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Galaxy S3 EXTREMELY rapid discharge

It could be a bad battery causing this issue. Did this start recently? You can see if the time coincides with the installation of a recent app or if its simply a bad battery. Replacing the battery is the cheapest solution you can do unless you take it in for repair.