Storage menu in Settings never stops Calculating

Ivoch

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I just bought a Huawei Y300 (Jelly Bean) a couple of days ago. Initially I would open the Storage menu in the Settings and it would show the actual amounts of memory available for apps, videos etc. Then a few hours later it started getting stuck on "calculating..." and never displayed the results anymore. I restarted the phone (or powercycled it, not sure anymore) and it displayed the results again, but only for a short while. A bit later the problem appeared again and I haven't been able to get it to work since.I haven't really done much with the phone - installed Nova Launcher and some apps and games etc., but no rooting or full backups or whatnot.

Right now it shows Phone Storage - 4GB total, Total Space - 14.81GB and all the subunits there (Apps, Pictures, videos, Downloads...) only show Calculating... Only the last item in that subsection, "Available", shows the actual amount - 14.38GB. If I open the "App Info" for any app, the storage information there also doesn't work - Total, App, Data all show Computing... and stay that way. Probably because of that the Clear Data button here is always greyed out so I can't clear it for any apps.

Anyone have any idea what the problem might be? I tried searching on the Internet but didn't find anything about this problem. If nothing else helps I'll try a factory reset, but I'd rather not have to install all my apps and enter all contacts again so I hope someone has some suggestion.

Daniel Zacharewicz

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem aswell on my Galaxy s2. I am trying clear my cache and data from my gallery, so when I go into the gallery settings all of the storage information is computing and it just stays like this. The clear data, move to sd card and clear cache button is all greyed out and cannot be touched until the computing is done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech