- 1 Posts
What happens if I try to flash Nexus 4 factory image into a Galaxy S3???
I'm new to the Android customization world and was wondering if it is possible to flash this Nexus 4 image as it is to a Galaxy S3, since I really don't like Touch Wiz (my previous phone was a Nexus S running JB).
If not possible, could someone explain why?
Also, if it is not possible, what would be the mod with the closest UX?
Thanks in advance!!
- 04-19-2013, 06:40 PM #2
Re: What happens if I try to flash Nexus 4 factory image into a Galaxy S3???
It won't work as drivers won't fit. In Linux drivers are part of the kernel, they can be compled to modules that can be loaded anytime, but Linux has this kind of issue that this does not work ARM devices as vendors messed up a little with ARM support in Linux, so one kernel can work with hardware that it been compiled to. This slowly being fixed so maybe one day we will have images that work on any device
But there custom images for specific devices, If you want stock experience (like Nexus 4) then try CynamogenMod image, go visit thee site
- By Storm254 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 03-29-2013, 09:39 PM
- By oresteez in forum Verizon Droid ChargeReplies: 12Last Post: 07-08-2011, 04:22 PM
- By rickyrick3513 in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 1Last Post: 03-19-2011, 06:04 PM
- By Thugganomics in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 09-09-2010, 12:07 AM
- By sanjay#AC in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 4Last Post: 08-10-2010, 02:13 PM