how to uninstall stock apps

bish119

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
THere are some stock apps that come with my phone that I really dont need like google play magazines
is there any app i can download that i can totally uninstall programs liek this from my phone i do not need

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
THere are some stock apps that come with my phone that I really dont need like google play magazines
is there any app i can download that i can totally uninstall programs liek this from my phone i do not need

Most of those apps you should be able to uninstall using the the application manager in settings. For those that can't be uninstalled you sometimes can disable from the same application menu. If neither option is available to do, you would need to either deal with them and just never use them or root your device and use an app like Titanium Backup to freeze the apps you don't want.

Be careful about what you start uninstalling though.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you have Android 4.0 or higher, you can disable stock apps by going to Settings/Apps/All, selecting the app in question, and tapping Disable. This doesn't remove it from the system, but prevents it from activating (so it still takes up app storage space, but won't occupy any RAM). There are certain stock apps that you just can't disable--the button will be greyed out for those.

If you want to completely remove stock apps, you'd have to root the phone, but if you're a novice, I wouldn't recommend it. You could seriously mess up your phone if you don't know what you're doing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums