Internal memory low, please help!

CoxyBoy101

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Well, I just bought a new phone on contract, its a motorola. I know this isn't the best phone, but i cant afford anything better atm. I started the contract about 2 months ago now, and i've just started to use app and such. I get 3-4 apps, and boom, memory gone.:mad: Apparently I can't send anything to the 2GB SD card?:-\ I mean what the hell?:confused: The phone comes with around 256MB straight off the back, and has about 200MB worth of junk I will never use (Facebook, Twitter, etc) and, as you can tell, i'm slightly annoyed, i read up on it and found nothing apart from its google and such wanting you to buy phones with more memory, which is not an option for me. I would like it if anyone could help me with a way to either delete some crap off my phone or put apps on SD card. If I do need to root (I'd prefferre not to) then could someone give me a link to a safe way to root a phone? Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Well, I just bought a new phone on contract, its a motorola. I know this isn't the best phone, but i cant afford anything better atm. I started the contract about 2 months ago now, and i've just started to use app and such. I get 3-4 apps, and boom, memory gone.:mad: Apparently I can't send anything to the 2GB SD card?:-\ I mean what the hell?:confused: The phone comes with around 256MB straight off the back, and has about 200MB worth of junk I will never use (Facebook, Twitter, etc) and, as you can tell, i'm slightly annoyed, i read up on it and found nothing apart from its google and such wanting you to buy phones with more memory, which is not an option for me. I would like it if anyone could help me with a way to either delete some crap off my phone or put apps on SD card. If I do need to root (I'd prefferre not to) then could someone give me a link to a safe way to root a phone? Thanks in advance. :)

Please to to this thread and read it. It is all about Rooting FAQ. Hope this helps you and be careful. Don't do anything until you fully understand it.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/so...ed-questions-concerns-about-rooting-here.html

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you don't want to root, then try to move as many apps as possible to internal storage. Android phones have their memory divided into several different partitions--application storage, internal storage (sometimes confusingly referred to as SD card), and external storage (the physical SD card you insert for extra storage). Application storage is where apps get installed, and varies in size depending on the phone. 256 MB is pretty low-- high end phones often have 2 or 3GB for apps. Given the increasing size of apps these days, it's not surprising that your phone runs low on memory so easily.

Internal storage is the bulk of the phone's storage RAM, and is treated like an SD card by the system (which is why it is often referred to as SD card, even though you can't physically remove it). You have the option of moving certain apps to this internal storage in order to free up more app storage space. Not all apps can be moved, and only a portion of the app does get moved--a portion stays behind in app storage, so you never completely move it out of that area. To move apps, go to Settings/Apps, select an app, and see if the button for "Move to SD" or "Move to internal storage" is highlighted. If it is, then you can move the app.

External storage is mostly good for storing media like music, photos, and videos. You can't install apps to an external SD card unless you use a third party app like App2SD, and I'm not sure if that app even works any more.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

CoxyBoy101

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Much appreciated :D Only thing is I have moved all the apps to Sd card that i can, it still left 4/5 of the app in the phone storage :/ I'll try App2SD, really hope it still works, thanks again :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800