New To Android: How do I sync my Outlook Calendar with my S4?

Reformed IOS User

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
New To Android: How Do I Sync My Outlook Calendar with My S4

Just moved over to the Galaxy S4 from a iPhone 3gs

I have always used my outlook calendar instead of google calendars since out look is always open on my computer and it's easier for me to use.
How do I sync my phone with the outlook calendar - not worried about the emails and I already am using google contacts

Reformed IOS User

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: New To Android: How Do I Sync My Outlook Calendar with My S4

I downloaed Kies - I assume that works sort of like iTunes did and lets you sync data on your pc with your phone

cmersman

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

It's pretty much the same as iOS, go into your Mail App and go to settings to add a new account. Kies is very similar to iTunes -- better in my opinion. You can plug both phones in at the same time and transfer most data

bruce7373

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site

You can also use MyPhoneExplorer. You install the program on your PC and a client server on your phone. Connect via USB or WiFi. I used it for a while to sync Outlook calendar, contacts, notes. It also acts as a file explorer if you want to transfer files. Oh, and it's free. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Kha_liD

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

Kies is nice. But .. it doesn't sync notes. It only syncs calendar and contacts with outlook. I don't know why notes are not important to them?!
I have just bought galaxy s4, and I don't know how to sync and transfer the notes I have in outlook. I used to have iPhone. iTunes have more useful options than Kies I guess.

B3t0

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Kies is nice. But .. it doesn't sync notes. It only syncs calendar and contacts with outlook. I don't know why notes are not important to them?!
I have just bought galaxy s4, and I don't know how to sync and transfer the notes I have in outlook. I used to have iPhone. iTunes have more useful options than Kies I guess.

I just moved too from a Bold 9900 and i want to transfer my notes too... :(

Jack Saad

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

How did you sync outlook calendar to your android in the first place?

Jack Saad

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

I'm having trouble syncing my outlook calendar to my android.... how'd did you do it?

Thanks

Hanan Naeem

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site

one option is to use syncroid. Have been using it for a month now, quite satisfied. It uses bluetooth to sync your outlook contacts, calendars and tasks. recommended
SyncRoid website

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site

I sync'd once using Kies in converting from Blackberry. It took forever, but it worked. Since that first sync, nothing else seems to be coming over with the calendar. And it still takes forever to get to the point of finding out.

What am I missing here?

Jeter

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site

Also having issues with syncing calendar. My phone is being updated with events from Outlook, but Outlook is not getting events that i've created on the phone. Any ideas?

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

I would suggest using same solution I do. DejaOffice (free) for the phone and Companion Link (paid after a trial) on the computer. Make sure that you pay close attention to the setup tutorials on both websites and be extra careful with field mappings if you are going to sync contacts from Outlook into the phone. Notes from Outlook get synced into DejaMemo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

pvdiamon

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

I have a Motorola Electrify M. It syncs fine with Outlook Exchange (not notes) except for one problem I don't ever see discussed. On my phone and my Samsung Galaxy 10.1, my calendar only goes back a few weeks. My desktop calendar has years of data, my phone and tablet have a few weeks back except for recurring events, but everything current and forward is fine. Any fix to get past events to sync too? It helps to know when I took trip a few months back, etc. without having to go on to desktop for the information.

terrycw

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site

I'm in the same boat - I need something quick and easy to sync my calendar and contacts from Outlook to my Droid Maxx. I was using Google Sync but that has just become grossly troublesome - it replicates events over and over. And it just told me Thanksgiving is tomorrow! lol An example, I have an alarm set every two weeks to remind me that I have a conference call to do, yesterday I got seven alarms on my Droid telling me the same thing! I checked my Outlook, and it is only there once - so I am assuming it is Google that replicates the event every time it syncs.

Fabiano Russo

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

I just found out that it already is! the problem is that when you open it it shows your tasks instead. You think you adding an event to calendar but in fact you are adding it to tasks! The solution is: When you create a new item choose the add event and it will automatically go to calendar and show on outlook calendar as well.
You also can go to settings and check or uncheck which calendars you want to sync if you happen to have more than one account setup.

David Tipping

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site

Just had a new S4 and need to sync my entire outlook to it. Tried connecting to my pc but nothing happens?

companionlink

Feb 9, 2010
www.companionlink.com

Just had a new S4 and need to sync my entire outlook to it. Tried connecting to my pc but nothing happens?

CompanionLink handles your entire Outlook data set - contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, journal, and categories. www.companionlink.com/android/outlook/

Check your PM. I just sent you a $10 coupon.

Enjoy your new phone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze