Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New To Android: How Do I Sync My Outlook Calendar with My S4

Just moved over to the Galaxy S4 from a iPhone 3gs

I have always used my outlook calendar instead of google calendars since out look is always open on my computer and it's easier for me to use.
    How do I sync my phone with the outlook calendar - not worried about the emails and I already am using google contacts
  2. Best Answer

I would suggest using same solution I do. DejaOffice (free) for the phone and Companion Link (paid after a trial) on the computer. Make sure that you pay close attention to the setup tutorials on both websites and be extra careful with field mappings if you are going to sync contacts from Outlook into the phone. Notes from Outlook get synced into DejaMemo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: New To Android: How Do I Sync My Outlook Calendar with My S4

I downloaed Kies - I assume that works sort of like iTunes did and lets you sync data on your pc with your phone

It's pretty much the same as iOS, go into your Mail App and go to settings to add a new account. Kies is very similar to iTunes -- better in my opinion. You can plug both phones in at the same time and transfer most data

You can also use MyPhoneExplorer. You install the program on your PC and a client server on your phone. Connect via USB or WiFi. I used it for a while to sync Outlook calendar, contacts, notes. It also acts as a file explorer if you want to transfer files. Oh, and it's free.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks, I was able to accomplish it with Kies

Kies is nice. But .. it doesn't sync notes. It only syncs calendar and contacts with outlook. I don't know why notes are not important to them?!
    I have just bought galaxy s4, and I don't know how to sync and transfer the notes I have in outlook. I used to have iPhone. iTunes have more useful options than Kies I guess.

Just got a Galaxy 4 and need a calendar sync able with outlook as well as searchable... Help..
    Greg@ramonasplumber.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kha_liD View Post
    Kies is nice. But .. it doesn't sync notes. It only syncs calendar and contacts with outlook. I don't know why notes are not important to them?!
    I have just bought galaxy s4, and I don't know how to sync and transfer the notes I have in outlook. I used to have iPhone. iTunes have more useful options than Kies I guess.
    I just moved too from a Bold 9900 and i want to transfer my notes too...

How did you sync outlook calendar to your android in the first place?

I'm having trouble syncing my outlook calendar to my android.... how'd did you do it?

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: New To Android: How Do I Sync My Outlook Calendar with My S4

one option is to use syncroid. Have been using it for a month now, quite satisfied. It uses bluetooth to sync your outlook contacts, calendars and tasks. recommended
    SyncRoid website

I sync'd once using Kies in converting from Blackberry. It took forever, but it worked. Since that first sync, nothing else seems to be coming over with the calendar. And it still takes forever to get to the point of finding out.

What am I missing here?

Also having issues with syncing calendar. My phone is being updated with events from Outlook, but Outlook is not getting events that i've created on the phone. Any ideas?

I would suggest using same solution I do. DejaOffice (free) for the phone and Companion Link (paid after a trial) on the computer. Make sure that you pay close attention to the setup tutorials on both websites and be extra careful with field mappings if you are going to sync contacts from Outlook into the phone. Notes from Outlook get synced into DejaMemo.

I have a Motorola Electrify M. It syncs fine with Outlook Exchange (not notes) except for one problem I don't ever see discussed. On my phone and my Samsung Galaxy 10.1, my calendar only goes back a few weeks. My desktop calendar has years of data, my phone and tablet have a few weeks back except for recurring events, but everything current and forward is fine. Any fix to get past events to sync too? It helps to know when I took trip a few months back, etc. without having to go on to desktop for the information.

Sync2 always keeps in sync my Outlook and Droid calendars automatically. Useful software if you need such a solution.
    Sync Outlook and Google Calendar and Contacts. Sync2 - Synchronize Microsoft Outlook on multiple PCs without a server.
    kaydeetoo likes this.

I'm in the same boat - I need something quick and easy to sync my calendar and contacts from Outlook to my Droid Maxx. I was using Google Sync but that has just become grossly troublesome - it replicates events over and over. And it just told me Thanksgiving is tomorrow! lol An example, I have an alarm set every two weeks to remind me that I have a conference call to do, yesterday I got seven alarms on my Droid telling me the same thing! I checked my Outlook, and it is only there once - so I am assuming it is Google that replicates the event every time it syncs.

I just found out that it already is! the problem is that when you open it it shows your tasks instead. You think you adding an event to calendar but in fact you are adding it to tasks! The solution is: When you create a new item choose the add event and it will automatically go to calendar and show on outlook calendar as well.
    You also can go to settings and check or uncheck which calendars you want to sync if you happen to have more than one account setup.

Just had a new S4 and need to sync my entire outlook to it. Tried connecting to my pc but nothing happens?

Quote Originally Posted by David Tipping View Post
    Just had a new S4 and need to sync my entire outlook to it. Tried connecting to my pc but nothing happens?
    CompanionLink handles your entire Outlook data set - contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, journal, and categories. www.companionlink.com/android/outlook/

Check your PM. I just sent you a $10 coupon.

Enjoy your new phone!
    CompanionLink has crossed the 1.2 million download mark. We have the most advanced Android Outlook sync product for Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, Notes, Categories, and Contact Photos. Choose from USB, WiFi, or Cloud sync. It comes with our 4-star DejaOffice Android app that encrypts and stores your data on your device. Everything is backed by free telephone technical support that our customers rave about.

Websites:
    www.companionlink.com/android
    www.dejaoffice.com
    Thanked by:
    FishenFool likes this.

Thumbs up Re: New To Android: How Do I Sync My Outlook Calendar with My S4

Please try Android-Sync, which syncs your Galaxy S4 with Outlook.
    http://www.android-sync.com/how-to-s...ugh-usb-cable/

Oh, the frustration! Two hours on the phone with Samsung and they can't figure it out. So much for KIES. Android Sync didn't work either. I need to sync everything, including Notes. This product has received some good reviews. A sure thing?

Quote Originally Posted by companionlink View Post
    CompanionLink handles your entire Outlook data set - contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, journal, and categories. www.companionlink.com/android/outlook/

Check your PM. I just sent you a $10 coupon.

Enjoy your new phone!
    Believe I mentioned this a few posts up and I can say that I love Companion Link and have been using it since I switched from a Palm Zire to a Palm Pre Plus.

I am also going mad with Kies....I cannot understand how Samsung can provide such inept software. My requirement is exactly as the same as yours - I am not interested in synching with google - I just want my Outlook calendar and phone to be in synch. I had no problems whatsoever with the old HTC Sync which I used to use - but Kies takes forever and doesn't seem to have actually synched everything (which is worse than useless).

I've taken a look at some of the products recommended on this forum, but to be honest, I really don't want to pay $10+ (or anything at all, actually) for a very simple requirement. I just wish that my whole google calendar could have been left out of it - it's not a calendar I can use for work so of no benefit.

Tried MyPhoneExplorer which seemed overly complicated (I have no idea how many calendars it was trying to sink - but it seemed to transfer data only one way....and I need a two way synch). This whole fiasco takes me back to nearly 10 years ago and the problems with Blackberry synching.

Can ANYONE help ! Is KIES really that bad - or is it me?

You don't have to pay for Companion Link until the trial is over. Try it and you probably won't mind paying for it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast