- 559 Posts
- Cyanogenmod 10.1.3
Cerberus app and bootloader help
I just have a question about using cerberus anti theft app.
Here is my question:
If I unlock my boot loader install Cerberus app in /system and then relock my boot loader again, would that mess things up or is that fine?
Also on another but not unrelated note, would installing a custom rom and then relock bootloader mess things up? I have heard that it will and that is why I am asking about the question above.
Reason why I want to lock my bootloader is for security reasons.
And how do I make sure that my device is exactly the way it was before I root/custom rom? I used wug freshes galaxy nexus tool kit to flash stock rom and unroot + relock bootloader.
I am thinking of at least unlocking bootloader to install cerberus app on both my nexus 7 and galaxy nexus. But as I stated above, I'm not sure if locking a boot loader will mess things up.
Thank you in advance for your help!
- 08-21-2013, 09:11 PM #2
- 08-22-2013, 10:47 AM #3
Re: Cerberus app and bootloader help
I have never tried this but I would think it wouldnt mess anything up. However, if you ever need to change something again, you will lose everything when you unlock the bootloader again in the future because it wipes all data for security purposes. Proceed at your own risk because I am not 100% sure what would happen.Samsung Galaxy Nexus & Nexus 7 - Bootloader Unlocked / Rooted
APP - HD Contacts - Use this to battle blurry ICS contact images between ROMs [No Longer Supported]
[HowTo] Tether Galaxy Tab to your Phone
- By spongey600 in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 3Last Post: 01-13-2011, 09:24 PM
- By KingAndroid in forum T-Mobile G2Replies: 1Last Post: 12-10-2010, 12:31 AM
- By rjdangerous in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 0Last Post: 10-15-2010, 08:45 PM
- By tjr980 in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 1Last Post: 06-19-2010, 03:14 PM
- By Kamran1981 in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 2Last Post: 01-17-2010, 06:17 PM