Flash LG/Samsung CDMA phones to Tracphone/Safelink/Straight Talk/Net 10 CDMA phones

theracer378

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I am new to these forums and I do not know if I posted this in the correct thread but I just wanted to share my knowledge with other people. I have successfully flashed a
Sprint LG Optimus S to Safelink, a MetroPCS LG Marquee to Net10, and a Verizon Galaxy S3 to Tracfone! This will not work on other phones like HTC because it is really hard to reset the ESN on the phones.(But be my guest and give it a shot). I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK OR DAMAGE YOUR PHONE!!!! ESN is NOT illegal IF you have the donor phone with you!

P.S Sorry for my bad English

Here are the things that you will need:

1) DFS 3.0 (or higher)
2) CDMA Tool (2.7 or Higher)
3) A Safelink/ Tracfone/ Net10/Straight Talk donor phone (It needs to be a new phone or it will not work unless you change your phone number)
4) The phone's usb cable
5) The phone's USB/Modem drivers (Google is your friend)
6) The phone you want to flash to Safelink/ Tracfone/ Net10/Straight Talk
7) Safelink/ Tracfone/ Net10/Straight Talk PRL file : http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1024621&d=1335380760

Step 1: Connect the phone via USB and wait for the drivers to install (if not done already). If you have the correct USB/Modem drives you can go to Device Manager and check if you see a COM* port connected (Mine was COM8)

Step 2:Open CDMA Tool and find your COM port. Connect to it and press "Read". Go to the security tab and enter your SPC code. After that you will need to reset your ESN to "00000000". The box to do that is located next to the SPC code box. After that, close it , click yes and the phone will reboot (IF YOU HAVE A LG DEVICE DO NOT CHOOSE DEFAULT METHOD, SCROLL DOWN TO LG METHOD AND CONTINUE)

Step 3: Locate the 18 digit serial/ESN number of your Safelink/ Tracfone/ Net10/Straight Talk phone and write it down. Open DFS and connect to your port. Enter your SPC code. Go to the Programming tab. Go to the MEID box and press read. Nothing should appear. (To check if the ESN is zeroed out click on the Read button next to the ESN box). Enter the ESN you wrote down in the DEC box. Click "Write" wait 10 seconds and press it again. after that click on "read" and see if the ESN is stuck on the phone. After that hit the RESET button on the top right and wait for the phone to reboot.

Step 4: After the phone reboots go back to DFS and enter your SPC code. Go to the NAM tab and go to the PRL box. Click on LOAD and find the PRL and then click WRITE. Then go ahead and PRESS the RESET button again on the top right.

Step 5: after the phone reboots you are all set. You just need to activate the Safelink/ Tracfone/ Net10/Straight Talk phone you want to use and the on the ANDROID phone dial *22890 or *22891 or *22800 or *228.

AFTER THAT YOU SHOULD HAVE TALK AND TEXT WORKING! SINCE THE ANDROID PHONE DOESNT HAVE TRACFONES AIRTANK SYSTEM YOU NOW HAVE UNLIMITED TALK AND TEXT.

OPTIONAL STEP: IF YOU ALREADY HAVE AN ACTIVE Safelink/ Tracfone/ Net10/Straight Talk phone ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS CALL THEM AND ASK THEM TO CHANGE YOUR PHONE NUMBER. AFTER THE PROCESS IS COMPLETE TURN OFF THE Safelink/ Tracfone/ Net10/Straight Talk phone AND REMOVE THE BATTERY AND NEVER TURN IT BACK AGAIN!!! THEN JUST DIAL *228 ON THE ANDROID PHONE AND YOU ARE ALL SET!

I WILL POST ANOTHER GUIDE SHORTLY ON HOW TO GET 1X WEB AND MMS WORKING ON THE PHONES

THANKS FOR READING!!

I forgot to mention that my service with safelink will stay active for a whole year and that I have unlimited talk and text FREE for a whole YEAR or until I renew again!

Last edited:

MindArchr

May 5, 2011
www.digitalremarks.com
During the process, when (and if) do you insert the Tracfone sim card (for Verizon Galaxy S3)? Is it mandatory to be rooted? Do you enter the ESN in the DEC box under the MEID or ESN section?

Last edited:

Dan Lanier

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm beginning the process of doing this. I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus that I want to use on Straight Talk. GSM is not an option in my area, in fact Vzw was not allowed to purchase Alltel in this area because it would have constituted a monopoly. If anyone has completed this process, I would appreciate any additional input.

At this point I'm having a challenge on the computer connection to the phone CDMA Tool program, hoping to get past this hurdle soon. Also, the link for the PRL file is bad if the OP would please repost them. thanks

tramkishun419

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone if this works and if theres any other phones that can be made to work with safelink

- - - Updated - - -

Did you ever get a working link?

babyboy3703

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
What if you have a sprint SGS3 & it doesn't have a sim slot like my safelink phone does & its the sim card that gets active right so would I have to activate the safelink phone then clone it & then change my number please help thank you

Posted via Android Central App

osxuser001

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know how to get 1x data working? I have been trying and cant seem to get it. I have talk and text working great on my Epic4g. Seems like the first day I did this I had some slow 3g but it went away. now I am not sure I have everything flashed right on my phone and I cant make changes to my APN settings on the rom I am using cm11 (kitkat). Would anyone that has 1x data working be able to show some screen shots of there settings in DFS? or the apps they used? I just want to get 1x data working (dont care about mms) and I dont have the Keys from my donor phone cause it is a LGL38C and no one has been able to tell me how to get it into diag mode. That would solve it all if I could read the settings and stuff from it. Also does anyone know if the LGL38C is running on the Verizon Network?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The APN settings depend on the carrier, not on the phone. 1X data still depends on the internet gateway, so it still needs the APN. So just look up the APN for your carrier on the internet. (And ask on the CM forum how to change the APN in that ROM - those are the guys who wrote it.)

ekeppel

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I know it's been a couple months on this thread, but I wonder if you ever figured out how to get the LG into diag mode. I'm facing the same issue with not having the keys from my LG phone. I have the Straight Talk LGL34C, and nothing I have found seems to get me into diag to use DFS.

Once I get that, I'll probably need to locate the SPC and PWD as well, but hopefully I can google that somewhere.

I did install drivers, and DFS sees the phone, but can't really read or write anything to it without the proper DMMode.

Any advice would be great. :)

Eric

Jordan A

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
I know it's been a couple months on this thread, but I wonder if you ever figured out how to get the LG into diag mode. I'm facing the same issue with not having the keys from my LG phone. I have the Straight Talk LGL34C, and nothing I have found seems to get me into diag to use DFS.

Once I get that, I'll probably need to locate the SPC and PWD as well, but hopefully I can google that somewhere.

I did install drivers, and DFS sees the phone, but can't really read or write anything to it without the proper DMMode.

Any advice would be great. :)

Eric

Did you try ##3424# ??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma