Computer can't ready miniSD card

chicochido

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
We upgraded our android phones (LG Thrill and Inspire) to a different phone. The person in radio shack advised us to backup the contacts list to the SD card which we did. We got our new phones and when we came home we were not able to open the SD card on the computer (vista). Every time I plug the SD card via card reader the computer wants to format the card first, I followed the format instructions once and it error-ed out.

How can I open the contents of the SD card with a computer without using a cell phone? I just need the contacts list from it.

All searches in google and youtube leads to using a cell phone which we don't have, or using some third party software which didn't work. Please help.

Thanks.

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
If this card has never been in the phone at all there is no reason by placing it in your PCs card slot or USB reader that you cannot open 'My Computer' and see the card, right click on it and explore it to see what the card has on it.

Voliam

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried simply installing the sd card in the phone and importing the contacts? It's beyond me why you're using a computer.
If you format the card, all files will be deleted. If you successfully backed up your contacts, there should be a file on there in .vcf format.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463