Help is needed and appreciated

tvaguy0922

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I have had an iPhone for the past 3 years. between my time of having an iPhone 3GS and an iPhone 4 I purchased a Garmin/Asus Garminfone. It has the Eclair update which is 2.1 I believe, but recently my iPhone was stolen, so I just went to my carrier and bought a SIM Card and turned my service on to the Garminfone. The Android Market will not allow me to download any apps and the phone in general is very slow. I just need a pretty detailed list of instructions to allow me to enjoy my phone because it was hardly ever used and a shame to get rid of it for another phone.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have had an iPhone for the past 3 years. between my time of having an iPhone 3GS and an iPhone 4 I purchased a Garmin/Asus Garminfone. It has the Eclair update which is 2.1 I believe, but recently my iPhone was stolen, so I just went to my carrier and bought a SIM Card and turned my service on to the Garminfone. The Android Market will not allow me to download any apps and the phone in general is very slow. I just need a pretty detailed list of instructions to allow me to enjoy my phone because it was hardly ever used and a shame to get rid of it for another phone.

Just by the android version you are on, the phone itself is pretty old. Slow processor, low RAM, old OS. The only thing I can think of is to root it and install Cyanogen Mod which is a custom ROM. That will at least give you Android 4.0, however, Cyanogen's website doesn't list your device as supported, and I couldn't find your device on XDA forums either. A custom ROM may be out of the question.

As for the new Play version, You can try to sideload the updated APK for it, but it may not work. Sideload just means to download the file, place it on your device through the USB cable, and then install it on your phone.

I guess the best question is, how long do you need to wait before you can upgrade your device either back to iOS or Android?