If I switch between Android phones, will I have to pay for my apps again?

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
No, but the first thing you need to do is set up your Google mail account and ensure your contacts load up before you do anything else. By doing this the market should have all your apps ready to download. You can also backup using appbrain.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I would pay for titanium backup so even protected apps can ne backed up and te installed whenever you want.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I thought Titanium only worked if you were rooted? I wouldn't worry about backing up apps because they stored in the market app. When you log back into the market, go to the downloads section and all your previously downloaded apps will be listed there. Apps you have already paid for will be there as well and you can re-download them for free!

Update: Right in the description on appbrain it says for root only...
http://www.appbrain.com/search?q=titanium

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
You are correct

I thought Titanium only worked if you were rooted? I wouldn't worry about backing up apps because they stored in the market app. When you log back into the market, go to the downloads section and all your previously downloaded apps will be listed there. Apps you have already paid for will be there as well and you can re-download them for free!

Update: Right in the description on appbrain it says for root only...
titanium

You sir You are correct! I will flog myself later :eek:

scramer

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I had a purchased app that I deleted, then decided to reinstall. AppBrain wanted me to pay for it again, but the market allowed me to reinstall it. just FYI.

Joe High

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand. What is "the market"? I go back in and the app costs $ and it appears that my only choice is to purchase it all over again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand. What is "the market"? I go back in and the app costs $ and it appears that my only choice is to purchase it all over again.

Welcome to Android Central! This is a really old thread--almost 4 years! Google Play used to be called Android Market, hence the reference to "the market."

If you purchased an app on Google Play, then it will be available to any other device that is logged in with that specific Google account without having to pay again. I'm not sure what your situation is, but you shouldn't have to buy it again, assuming you're logged in with the same Google account. Give us more details if you're still having issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2