Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Evo on vzw

Is there a way to get the evo on Verizon? Because I love my dinc a lot but that evo is a beasttt

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

It's CDMA, you should be able to call and have it provisioned. Customer Supplied Equipment is OK. The 4G won't work but as far as I know everything else should.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

Has to be on the approved equipment list, and the evo is not.

So, no.

On another note, some *** hat came in yesterday to a location I was at and told them he wanted to activate his Iphone and the rep laughed. He freaked out and told us that they passed a law that it can be activated on any line of service now, and that by not activating it we were violating his constitutional rights and would "be hearing from his attorneys’." Probably one of the best one's I’ve heard yet.
    Verizon Wireless Sales NE-WBV
    Motorola Droid Pro (all work)
    Samsung Fascinate (All play)
    Rooted:
    Dj05 w/Dj05 SuperDark, ran with StupidFast 12.19.10

No go on porting an EVO to VZW. If you like the size, get the X.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.duct_mossburg View Post

So, no.

On another note, some *** hat came in yesterday to a location I was at and told them he wanted to activate his Iphone and the rep laughed. He freaked out and told us that they passed a law that it can be activated on any line of service now, and that by not activating it we were violating his constitutional rights and would "be hearing from his attorneys’." Probably one of the best one's I’ve heard yet.
    That is funny. I have found that most people that scream about their right, usually know the least about them.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Nah I want the evo heard to many bad things about the X

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by sonar_chris View Post
    That is funny. I have found that most people that scream about their right, usually know the least about them.
    No no. I think its article 1 section 8. Alexander Hamilton had it specifically put in cause he believed quote "any man shall be allowed to access apples most *****in apps regardless of ones carrier"
    Follow me on Twitter & Instagram @EvanR32

So, no.

It is possible, I have a fellow rep in a different market who has actually done this. Apparently it is not to hard to get the phone to work on verizon, the only thing is you have to know the right person to get it added. But I agree, for most people, no its not possible.
    Google Plus+
    Current Devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 - Samsung Charge
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Well someone get me the hook up!!!

So, no.

Is that the new 28th Amendment?

Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States, to have their Smartphone connected to any service supplier that is licensed by the US Government through the Federal Communications Commission; regarless of the type of channel access method used by said service supplier.

Section 2. The Congress shall have the power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation and the fair use of capital punishment, of a representative of the service supplier, who fails to follow Section 1 in a fair time period, as set forth in Section 3.

Section 3.Fair time period is defined as not greater than one-week from the time when the US citizen requests connection to the service suppliers network.

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dannyseed View Post
    Nah I want the evo heard to many bad things about the X
    And I've heard many bad things about the EVO. Cwutididthere?

I've had my X since launch and haven't had any issues. It's the best Android phone out now. I have none of the issues that others are having with their phones. In fact, if you go to the EVO forum there are more people having issues there.
    Last edited by dragozoid; 08-08-2010 at 02:45 PM.

just get the Incredible, it's awesome. & does anyone know of the Droid Incredible I got yesterday from online is AMOLED or SLCD?

Quote Originally Posted by dragozoid View Post

I've had my X since launch and haven't had any issues. It's the best Android phone out now. I have none of the issues that others are having with their phones. In fact, if you go to the EVO forum there are more people having issues there.
    If you live in a 4G area, the Evo becomes much more attractive. And "best" always varies from person to person.
    Droid Incredible (4/29/10) -> TBolt (4/9/11) -> GNex (4/1/2012) > Droid Maxx (9/13/13)

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

So, no.
    If you take it to a store, then you're correct. The stores won't do it, but if you call and give them the numbers, they will activate non approved equipment. It falls under customer supplied equipment.

I used to do this all the time with Nokia's that VZ would not sell. No hook up needed, just a phone call. It's bee a while, but if I remember correctly there is a form that has to be faxed in as well.

If you can, get the GSM EVO. I hear the 4G ROCKS on it (Sorry could not resist)
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

Quote Originally Posted by androidboy View Post
    just get the Incredible, it's awesome. & does anyone know of the Droid Incredible I got yesterday from online is AMOLED or SLCD?
    No Incredibles have SLCD, they ALL have AMOLED.

Quote Originally Posted by brina042 View Post
    No Incredibles have SLCD, they ALL have AMOLED.
    incorrect. HTC switched the screens because of the supply constraint. why do you think the shipping dates have moved closer to the order dates?

Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson481 View Post
    incorrect. HTC switched the screens because of the supply constraint. why do you think the shipping dates have moved closer to the order dates?
    There was talk of doing that, but it was never confirmed. HTC did say they were doing that with a few phones a few weeks ago and the Incredible was NOT listed on that list. It never happened with the Incredible. And as far as the faster shipping...the Droid X just came out and everyone is getting that one instead of the Incredible. Also, the new "froyo" start screen for the Inc still says "Amoled" in it.....
    Last edited by brina042; 08-08-2010 at 05:46 PM. Reason: added something

Global Posts
    951 Global Posts
    ROM
    Only Jelly Bean or ICS!

There is always a way..

ive gotten verizon phones activated on US cellular before.

things you have to do.

you HAVE to get the evo onto Verizons network.

i know the evo is programmed over the air, and im unsure if there is a Nam Programming menu, if there is, your golden.

just go into the System ID, and change it to whatever verizons system id is in your area, restart the phone and try it, if its on verizons network u will know via roaming or 611 and the verizon message. if you do this and its still on sprint, then you have to flash a verizon update PRL list to your phone probably via QPST or whatever..

now activating may be easier said then done, but find another HTC phone that has a similar ESN type, lets say the droid x, (im just saying examples here) if the esn cluster is the same, you can just tell them your activating a droid x, give them the ESN to the evo and it should be good to go.

calling an texting WILL WORK for sure, as for data, it may or may not...

but this has been done with other phones and it does work because i have done it, just by saying the phone is a different model that the carrier your activating on has.

Global Posts
    951 Global Posts
    ROM
    Only Jelly Bean or ICS!

WRONG, evo is not having ANY ISSUES,

want to talk about issues? my cousin is on his SECOND X due to the screen problems with flickering and such, go look on youtube and see the droid x problems, it will blow your mind.

Default Re: Evo on vzw

Quote Originally Posted by intheb0x View Post
    WRONG, evo is not having ANY ISSUES,

want to talk about issues? my cousin is on his SECOND X due to the screen problems with flickering and such, go look on youtube and see the droid x problems, it will blow your mind.
    Actually, most phones have some manufacturing issues on launch. The Evo had several problems, including low battery life. A small number of Droid X phones in the initial batch had screen issues, and that problem has been rectified.

Honestly, they are all great phones. I don't know why people have go get so invested in 'my phone is awesome and your phone sucks' all the time. Chill out, people, we are lucky that we have so many great choices.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    951 Global Posts
    ROM
    Only Jelly Bean or ICS!

Quote Originally Posted by mikejs78 View Post
    Actually, most phones have some manufacturing issues on launch. The Evo had several problems, including low battery life. A small number of Droid X phones in the initial batch had screen issues, and that problem has been rectified.

Honestly, they are all great phones. I don't know why people have go get so invested in 'my phone is awesome and your phone sucks' all the time. Chill out, people, we are lucky that we have so many great choices.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Agreed.

just debunking his statement that the droid was problemless.

from what i can tell, it had more issues then the evo, the battery life issues was fixed rather easily for the evo and most ppl have everything synced and setup to suck the battery down.

if i was on verizon and ready to pay so much for the same service i get on sprint, i would of gotten the X, infact i was thinking about it and went with sprint.

Global Posts
    951 Global Posts
    ROM
    Only Jelly Bean or ICS!

LMAO!

I've only seen one video on YouTube about the X which was by a person who had screen issues. That was a very rare defect which I don't have on my X and it has been resolved anyway.

Just opening the EVO forum I see threads like Wifi issues, build quality issues, 2.2 issues, etc.

I'm not trying to knock the EVO. It's an awesome device but the OP said he's heard about issues with the X which is why he wants the EVO. I just thought he was misinformed, especially if he thinks he can use one on Verizon.

If you're on Verizon, get the X, D2, or Incredible. If you're on Sprint, get the EVO or wait for the Epic. Simple as that really.

I don't ever recall myself saying the X (in general) has no problems. I said mine has no issues. Everything on my X works fine. You do know that the the majority of people that come to the forums are the ones that have problems with their phones right?

And I pay $100/month for unlimited text, unlimited data, insurance, 450 whenever/Unlimited nights & weekend minutes. Expensive? Yes, but I can afford it easily as that, as well as car insurance bills, are the only bills I pay for as an 18yo.
    good for you, i can care less about your situation.

im 25 and im doing pretty well myself, but i dont need to explain any of that to you.
    i get the same plan through sprint for 63 dollars a month before taxes with my usps discount.

So, no.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA OMFGGG

ive heard of some shenanigans but thats BY FAR the best one i've heard on a while

thank you for the LOLs sir. pass my regards on to that faygit when he comes back with his "lawyers"

Quote Originally Posted by rpfarrah View Post
    No go on porting an EVO to VZW. If you like the size, get the X.
    x cant compare to the evo

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson481 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brina042 View Post
    There was talk of doing that, but it was never confirmed. HTC did say they were doing that with a few phones a few weeks ago and the Incredible was NOT listed on that list. It never happened with the Incredible. And as far as the faster shipping...the Droid X just came out and everyone is getting that one instead of the Incredible. Also, the new "froyo" start screen for the Inc still says "Amoled" in it.....
    I sent an e-mail to HTC corporate abot a week or so ago asking them explicitly if any DInc's had the SLCD's shiped. Their answer was no. All DInc's are AMOLED.

There was talk that they might switch, but they did not for the DInc. Kinda like the talk that the DInc will get Froyo yesterday
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by intheb0x View Post
    Agreed.

just debunking his statement that the droid was problemless.

from what i can tell, it had more issues then the evo, the battery life issues was fixed rather easily for the evo and most ppl have everything synced and setup to suck the battery down.

if i was on verizon and ready to pay so much for the same service i get on sprint, i would of gotten the X, infact i was thinking about it and went with sprint.
    I don't think at all that the X didn't have any issues. I don't really think that the Evo didn't either. The X does have downsides (Philblur is not great, bootloader is locked) but it looks like progress is being made on the bootloader issue. I am not a huge fan of sense (I prefer stock) so it doesn't really matter to me.

They are all great phones and far superior to the iPhone, so let's leave it at that.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast