Have device. Willing to root and have fun. HELP!

Lxldlse

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok, for the FIRST time in my short Android life, I have "purchased" for cheap a smartphone (Samsung SCH-I400) that I am willing to risk bricking it in my pursuit to find open source karma. But I need guidance and references. What I found online was inconsistent, overwhelming and seemed unreliable. So I turn here for help. I run a stock Samsung Gnex as my primary phone and enjoy my Nexus 7. So, tell me, what is next for this little -I400 device? What should it be in it's next life. Help me get it there...

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
That's the Continuum, right? God I hated that thing, such a pain in the @$$ phone, with that Ticker getting in the way of everything!

The good news is you can root it pretty easily. The bad news is it was such a niche product that there's only a couple Roms and kernels for it, and they really don't do much. You can update the OS to 2.2, and I've read that 2.3 and even 4.0 is possible tho I haven't done it.

Xda has an extensive section for that phone, but not much has happened in 2 or 3 years.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums