Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: How do I add words to the dictionary on my Galaxy s4?

thanks--this did the trick

Holding your finder down does not work for the 4s active

worked for me. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gatorgirl013 View Post
    Call me crazy but there isn't a personal dictionary option under language and input on my Galaxy S4. That's the 1st place I checked when I tried adding words. And after reading this forum I looked again. That just doesn't make any since I know. I'm from the south & I say y'all. I'd like to be able to text it as well
    Check out Monique Johnson's post. it worked for me

Quote Originally Posted by Nickeisha01 View Post
    Check out Monique Johnson's post. it worked for me
    didn't have to delete the original list though

Cannot find the swype keyboard option on my S4?

I found a round-about way to do it. Turn off Predictive Text. Then go to your text messages and create a new message; type in all of the words you want to add to your 'dictionary' so-to-speak.(I typed my words in in both capital and non capital form so that I could choose which version I wanted if it was at the beginning of a sentence or not) and send the message to yourself.

Then go back and turn Predictive Text on, and turn on the setting to Learn From Messages (by clicking Predictive Text and check "Personalized Data" -->Learn From Messages". As long as you have that setting turned on, once you turn Predictive Text back on, it will scan your text and pick up the new words.

Works like a charm, the words you typed in will all be available now. You can do it each time you need to add new words. Not too big of a PITA, only takes a couple of minutes and once you get all your words in you won't have to fool with it anymore. And it prevents you from being forced to use the Swype keyboard to have personalized words!

....and actually I don't think you even have to turn Predictive text on and off each time, it looks like once you text yourself new words, you can just go to the settings under Predictive text (by clicking on Predictive Text) and hit "Learn From Messages" again and it will scan again for new words and update. I just tried that too and it seemed to work as well.

Red face Re: How do I add words to the dictionary on my Galaxy s4?

I have read several replies to this question and I have found the answer that works on my S4 Mini. I cannot type the word I want as it is not recognised (its a name) - so I resorted to typing it one letter at a time like this K space - remove space then type the next letter A space etc. continue to remove each space after each letter and end up with the word you want.

Hold your finger on the finished word and from the selection offered press COPY - by doing this my word was automatically copied to the directory - hope this helps
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12