How to get Google+ Instant Upload free storage for any photo

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
You know that Google+ Instant Upload photos don't count against your storage, but do you want that free storage for any photo at all? Here is a little workaround

Simple, but effective: just hook your phone up to your computer and drag and drop any photos you want into your phone's camera folder and, viola, they are treated like newly taken photos and uploaded to G+. (or use a file manager right on your phone to copy and paste there). Then, just delete those photos from the camera folder afterwards.

Now, keep in mind that they will be reduced to the "free upload" pixel limit of 2048, just like any other instant uploads, but for many of us, our camera phone pictures are not much bigger anyway.

Extra pro-tip: videos are also "free storage" and they don't reduce their quality at all. You can really maximize your free G+ storage with video.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
This is now defunct. Google announced 15GB shared storage for G+ photos, GMail, and Drive. Unlimited is no more.

FYI
Yes, they combined the storage, but I have heard nothing to indicate they are doing away with Instant Upload which doesn't count against that storage space. I used this method today and it didn't count against my limit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali