How to stop Google Music from accessing the internet??

ticktock5

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to android and enjoying it so far but this one thing is driving me insane.

I copied my music files from my PC to the phone, but now when I try and play the music in Play Music, its somehow accessing the internet, changing my tags, album art etc which I've spent years perfecting on my own. BTW none of this stuff is in the cloud or purchased from Google, they're all "real" MP3 files.

Is there a way to stop the app from doing this, or are there alternate apps? Thanks!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You could use alternate music players (they abound in Google Play), but I'm sure there's a setting in Google Music to NOT match your library to Google Music's nor to update tag information. If not, you can always disable data for the app entirely by going into Settings, App Manager, Google Music and check the restrict background data option.

ticktock5

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately there's no option like that in the Play Music app's settings...

I'm looking in the phone's settings > apps > Google play music but can't see where to disable data? I tried settings > data usage and restricted data to "media" since play music wasn't an option, maybe that'll do it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech