Auto Reset Settings

justlaxin13

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I just got the new Samsung Galaxy S "Captivate" for At&t. Because of the relatively low battery life i went into the display and sound settings, unchecked the "autoadjust screen brightness" option and then turned the slider for brightness all the way down. However, every couple of days the slider works its way back up again to around halfway brightness without me doing anything. The "autoadjust" checkbox remains unchecked. How/why is this happening? Also, this same thing happens with the System Volume slider. What can i do about this?

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the screen is your primary culprit regarding battery drain. Those S-AMOLED screen are suppose to be top notch with power efficiency. After a full days use, go into settings>about phone>battery>battery use and get a list of the primary things that are draining your battery. The LCD will be listed here and I'd be surprised to see it any where close to the top of the list. This will give you a good starting point for fixing you battery drain problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20