new member needs help

lou from ny

May 17, 2013
Visit site
hello,
i'm from the usa and have a samsung galaxy xcover 2 with net10. the phone isn't one of the choices to click when i was asked what my primary phone is when i registered...and that's part of the problem...

i'm wondering if i root the phone can i give the phone it's own text message notification. (currently, there's one choice for all notifications) i'd like one for email, one for text, one for facebook posts, ...you get the idea...

this phone has almost no support on any forum i've read...i'm seriously considering returning it and getting anohter durable phone i can use in construction and not have to worry about it breaking. does anyone have any suggestions on how to either root the phone, further personalize it or what i should swap out for?

thanks

ps the os for the phone is 4.1.2

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Sadly, as you are using an obscure Samsung handset, you will have to wait until official software development for this phone is active.

Also, as much as it seems necessary, do try to rethink your decision of trading in your phone for another one. The XCover 2 is high in its class, according to multiple reviews, which means you won't find another durable handset of this caliber better than the one you currently have.

BTW, if nobody has said this to you yet, welcome to Android Central! :)

lou from ny

May 17, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the welcome and the reply. i know the phone is rated pretty decently, but it's been out for a good while in europe and for a few months here in the US as well. i know it's not a top of the line phone, but i was hoping i'd find some kind of tweaking i could do...i'm hoping the guru's jump on this, but honestly, i don't see it happening

lou from ny

May 17, 2013
Visit site
since net10wireless.com is asking for a 20% restocking fee, i'm pretty sure i want to keep this phone and try to root it. can anyone provide some help?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12