Prevent getting disconnected while using DATA?

TMFGO45

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Right now I am with Verizon, but I am literally 1 thought away from breaking contract and moving to Sprint because of the pricing, and I will happily accept the EVO 4G.

My question is this, with either Sprint, or Verizon, since they are CDMA, you can only do one or the other, data, or calls/text. If you are using data, say via tethering (i use TETHER on my BB with VZW), when I get a call or text, I immediately lose connection until I ignore the call, or the text is finished processing and it recovers the connection.

IS IT POSSIBLE, to prevent this situation from occurring while using DATA services? I am sick and tired of being interrupted, and I would love to know how to do this, if possible. Thanks everyone!

TMFGO45

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
understandable BUT

Is there an app or a *code or any method to disable voice and/or text while you are using a data connection? There has to be some way to do this....

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Is there an app or a *code or any method to disable voice and/or text while you are using a data connection? There has to be some way to do this....

Google Voice could probably be set up to not allow any calls through, not sure about texts though.

TMFGO45

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Htc thunderbolt. I knew they could do something with the antennas to Make this possible. Too bad I don't want the thunderbolt. Now as long as they start doing this with all phones, the world will be okay.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk