Email Filter/Notification Recommendation

SJCT

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

On my blackberry, I used to be able to set up email filters so that specifically titled emails from specific senders would ring when the phone was in "night" notification profile.

I've currently upgraded to a Samsung S4. I've found the Sound Profiles app, which has the ability to set different notification profiles but it does not have the capability to filter specifically-titled emails.

To clarify; what I need is to set my phone into "night" mode so that it rings from phone calls only and to set it so that the phone will audibly notify me when specific emails are received on the phone as well. Does anyone know of an app that can do this? Or is there a way to do it on the S4 without an app?

Thanks,

SJCT

boldicized

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
This can be done several ways. Tasker can be set to do this. I have it set to be in silent mode except for a list of contacts I wanf to ring thru. Or Llama can be set the same way. Llama is slightly easier to use at first but Tasker can do more. There is a sample profile on Tasker's webpage that does just what you are looking for.

SJCT

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks boldicized. I checked out both apps and the process seems fairly complicated. I will give it a shot, though. Thanks for the heads up.

Glen Cook

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I think the best app for doing this is my app eNotify. It has the power and flexibility similar to tasker, but is far simpler for the typical user to setup. You can filter notifications by any property sender, recipient, subject etc. As far as the night time requirement that you mentioned:

1. You can set a global do not disturb schedule: "Only allow notifications between 6am and 10pm Monday through Friday"
2. You can set a time schedule on each trigger: "Message is from my boss only between 8am and 5pm"
3. You can override the silent profile on the phone for important messages "Message is from my wife play sound even if phone is on silent"

Cheers,
Glen

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol