Apps running in "Battery"

Joe_Perone

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

When I go to my settings, it reports that Facebook and several other apps that aren't normally there are running and using 2-4% of my battery. I haven't used Facebook on my phone since I got it, and it hasn't ever showed up there before. How do I remove these apps from wasting a certain percentage of battery? Force stop doesn't seem to work. Thank you :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You can uninstall it or download an app from the Play Store that freezes apps.

You can also check your Facebook settings and see if its updating in the background. If so, disable it if you don't want it to.

Joe_Perone

May 21, 2013
Visit site
You can uninstall it or download an app from the Play Store that freezes apps.

You can also check your Facebook settings and see if its updating in the background. If so, disable it if you don't want it to.

It actually went away without me addressing it, so it looks like the problem has solved itself. For future reference though, if I force stop the app and reboot the phone, will that stop the process from hogging battery?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Not necessarily. An app could always restart after you force stop it. If you really are never going to use Facebook, and assuming you have a phone that is Android 4.0 or above, you can just disable the app by going to Settings/Apps/All, selecting the app in question, and tapping "Disable."

Joe_Perone

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Thank you :) Usually this battery hogging happens with games after I close them, specifically Jewels Star, albeit only about 2-3% which is manageable.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Remember that the battery stats will show what percentage of battery use each app has been responsible for in total, not necessarily what is currently using battery. So just because you stopped something doesn't mean it will disappear immediately from the battery stats.

That being said, keep in mind that some apps will still use battery even if you're not using them, because they might be trying to refresh data automatically, access the web to report location, or do annoying things like bring up ads in your notification bar. Before installing an app, always read the description and reviews carefully to see if they do the latter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair