View Poll Results: Which Phone do you recommend ?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • LG Google Nexus 4

1 50.00%
  • Samsung Galaxy S 3

0 0%
  • HTC One x Plus

0 0%
  • HTC One x

1 50.00%
  • LG Optimus 4x HD

0 0%
  • Xperia SP

0 0%
  • Xperia SL

0 0%
  • Any other?

0 0%
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Joe_Perone
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Please help me choose a phone. :)

Hello people.

I am looking for a phone in the sub 27 k rupees category, which roughly translates to 490 dollars, for my dad.
    Ill tell you what his basic requirements are, please help me decide as he quite urgently needs one, his old blackberry is as good as a brick these days.
    1. A pretty good camera, should be decent on all accounts, not too good in one and bad in a other.
    2. Good battery life (There will be almost no gaming at all, not much music playback either, but hell watch videos). Plus, hell be travelling a lot, soo...
    3. A good voice recorder as he'll need to record from some distances, plus voice clarity should be there.
    4. He should be able to jot down things quickly using a capacitative (im not sure how its spelled) pen. (Are there apps available which will translate hand writing into text?)
    5. Moderate internet use, mainly for news, twitter, videos etc.
    6. Should be quite sturdy, so that, if, god forbid, it falls down, there shouldnt be any damage.
    7. scratch resistant and easily cleanable screen. Lot of dust where i live.

Thats about it.
    I have researched a lot in the past week and have come to the following conclusions:
    LG Nexus 4 (16 gb)
    Sony Xperia SP
    HTC One x Plus
    LG optimus 4x hd
    Sony Xperia SL
    Samsung Galaxy s3
    HTC one x

Ya, thats it. Please help me as soon as possible!

THANKS!

Default Re: Please help me choose a phone. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Shikhar Agarwal View Post
    Hello people.

I am looking for a phone in the sub 27 k rupees category, which roughly translates to 490 dollars, for my dad.
    Ill tell you what his basic requirements are, please help me decide as he quite urgently needs one, his old blackberry is as good as a brick these days.
    1. A pretty good camera, should be decent on all accounts, not too good in one and bad in a other.
    2. Good battery life (There will be almost no gaming at all, not much music playback either, but hell watch videos). Plus, hell be travelling a lot, soo...
    3. A good voice recorder as he'll need to record from some distances, plus voice clarity should be there.
    4. He should be able to jot down things quickly using a capacitative (im not sure how its spelled) pen. (Are there apps available which will translate hand writing into text?)
    5. Moderate internet use, mainly for news, twitter, videos etc.
    6. Should be quite sturdy, so that, if, god forbid, it falls down, there shouldnt be any damage.
    7. scratch resistant and easily cleanable screen. Lot of dust where i live.

Thats about it.
    I have researched a lot in the past week and have come to the following conclusions:
    LG Nexus 4 (16 gb)
    Sony Xperia SP
    HTC One x Plus
    LG optimus 4x hd
    Sony Xperia SL
    Samsung Galaxy s3
    HTC one x

Ya, thats it. Please help me as soon as possible!

THANKS!
    Of the phones you listed, I'd have to go for the HTC One X, and it's really a toss-up between that and the S3. I have the S4 myself, and I prefer that over any other phone, but for the ones you listed, the body of the One X is sturdier and the specs are negligibly different. For a more solid look and feel, as well as a brighter screen and overall smoothness, I'd have to go with the HTC One X. Hopefully that helps; cheers!
    Thanked by:
    Shikhar Agarwal likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks a lot!
    Three small queries though.
    Isn't the one x plus supposed to be better than one x?
    Is there any other phone you think suitable?
    Will htc one x get updates for some time atleast?

Thanks a lot!
    Three small queries though.
    Isn't the one x plus supposed to be better than one x?
    Is there any other phone you think suitable?
    Will htc one x get updates for some time atleast?
    Hey, you're welcome; glad to be of help!

Well, the One X+ is a better phone because of battery life, but personally I dislike the colour scheme, which is why I recommended the One X. I'm unsure if the One X+ will get more updates, but I assume it will be treated like the S3 will, in that it will be able to recieve updates to a certain point, probably capping at 4.3 or around there. I doubt it will get 5.0, as the chances of 5.0 on even the S4 are growing slimmer each day that Key Lime Pie isn't released. Still, Jelly Bean is a solid OS, so I wouldn't be too worried about it. I'm sure if you root the phone, you can tweak it to your liking.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

And the one x, will it get more updates, because its quite old right, april 2012?

And the one x, will it get more updates, because its quite old right, april 2012?
    Same goes for the One X, I'm unsure, but I would suspect it will cap at 4.3
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

It's an old discussion, I know, but in case someone has exactly the same problem, I recommend trying some webs that compare 2 phones for you. is a good one, they have a long list of phones to go