OS to Battery Communication

anon(5650375)

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Which part of the OS communicates with the battery? For instance, when the battery is low on power and tells the device to power down?

My problem is that even though the battery has a full charge the OS is registering that it doesn't, so it tells the device to power down. I know for a fact that the battery is fine, so the battery is not the problem. I can even go to battery in System Settings where it will even say at the top that is has 98% charge but only 2 minutes X seconds left, all on the same screen. Furthermore, I can power the device off and the charging indicator will read that the battery is at 98%/99%/etc... and even go into Recovery Mode despite the fact that the device will not boot into recovery if it is <30%. It will even stay in Recovery Mode for well over an hour even though the device just powered down immediately after turning on, meaning the system thought the battery was completely dead.

For some reason or other the OS isn't being told that the device has been charged since the last time it powered on and I need to know which part of the OS could be causing this error.

Many thanks.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I would try clearing data for the Settings app, under Application manager, then force stop that app, followed by a reboot.

What does the reading on the battery indicator in the status bar say? You may be doing this already, but if not: charge the phone while it is turned on, and make sure it charges to 100%, then unplug the charger while the phone is still on. This should re-initialize the battery stats file. I don't know if that's related to your issue or not, but it can't hurt.