Gmail Chronological Sync

I_Love_S4

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I got my first Android ever and it's awesome. However, my gmail sync has an issue. When I sync my gmail, I get all emails from this month, followed by emails from last year. My emails from last month and the month before is not downloaded. I deleted the account and tried all tricks I read online and nothing helped.

Tommy TW

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey there, I felt like i'm obliged to answer your question and really because this thing happened to me too and it's really annoying since:
1. i can't come up with the right keywords to google the symptoms of this event and it took me hours to find your thread after putting "gmail chronological sync problems".
2. so far only you share the same problem

Regardless the fact that I use iPad and iPhone and the event happened to both of my devices (regardless of the mail app i used),
I reckon the solutions should be similar to an extent.
In fact, i can't even consider this a real solution. So here's what i did:

SOLUTION:
instead of fetching 50 most recent emails, i changed the setting to fetch 200 most recent emails.

Suppose that previously, my gmails sync all emails properly only from period of today until last month before it actually made the "jump" to last year
(skipping a lot of important emails between those periods).
what the solution does is tricking the gmail to sync at least to a longer period (say, from today until last 2-3 months) before it made the "jump" to last year (still skips some emails)
Thus, i mentioned this is not really a solution

I'm not sure whether this is server problem, or just my firmware or setting problem. but my desktop mail client is doing fine; synchronizing all the way from the most recent to the oldest emails.
I do realize the problem turns up after i switched from thunderbird to outlook 2013 as default mail client. not sure whether this didn't happen before or this had happened and i only just realized

pls help find real solution :(

Vaida Cosmin

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I seem to be having the same/similar issue.
Issue: For some reason gmail seems to be displaying only older emails (5-10 months old) on my Galaxy S4 and no new ones even tough on my other devices (pc, iPhone, iPad, blackberry) it works fine.
Also my exchange email works fine... so the problem is just for Gmail.

I'm not using any app for gmail just the built in mail.

I've tried all the usual fixes like removing the acc and adding it again, disabling/enabling the auto sync, restarting the device, etc... nothing seems to help. Also searched for fixes on the web but all kept leading to a dead end.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz