Android ICS group texting - sends to landlines!

dv8info

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a group that I text to, a sports team, but two of my contacts in the group don't get my messages. They bounce back to me because they are sending to their land phones! Obviously there are multiple phone numbers for these contacts, and the first time this happened I went into the contacts to set the mobile number as default - but that makes no difference. Google Android still tries to send them to the landlines! My phone uses ICS. Can anyone tell me what's going wrong?

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Depending on your phone, I remember there being a setting in messages or in contacts to send text messages to mobile number only, or primarily. You could search for a setting like that, I'm not sure what phone you have, and I couldn't find it on my HTC DNA, but I've seen it on previous phones.

dv8info

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
The landline numbers that are getting sent to are categorized as "Other" in contacts. I need to give them a different designation. So it would appear that any numbers in contacts labelled as "Other" will be treated as the primary mobile phone. Bizarre behaviour!