My phone won't play the notification ringtone I set

Conner Sennett

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded a free ringtone app from Google Play to set my notifications to a custom tone. But recently, it hasn't been playing. I thought by uninstalling the app and reinstalling, it would work. It hasn't, and no other tones work either, even default ones. The only sound that plays is the Facebook Pop one.

Also, unrelated to the ringtone, but my phone also vibrates no matter if I have it turned off.

Matthew Wassman

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
okay i just got the phone brand new and had the same problem but i figured it out okay go to you text messages green app smily on the home screen if you havent moved it go to it.then got to setting on it the setting on it are different then scroll down to the bottom and click notifications to on and right below it. has a select ringtones option and i selected one and it finally started playiny the ringtones i set

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
okay i just got the phone brand new and had the same problem but i figured it out okay go to you text messages green app smily on the home screen if you havent moved it go to it.then got to setting on it the setting on it are different then scroll down to the bottom and click notifications to on and right below it. has a select ringtones option and i selected one and it finally started playiny the ringtones i set
Download rings extended from the play store and set ring tones using that app. It should help the ring tone stick.

Colt Dorsey

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't get my phone to play the ringtone I had just downloaded and cut using music ocean and ringdroid. Ringdroid will let you said the ringtone to default ringtone, however even still this didn't work. I tried going to settings -> sound -> ringtone (picking my ringtone) and still this wouldn't work, despite it saying that my ringtone was the one I chose. What ended up working, was setting my ringtone that I wanted as the notification and ringtone. For some reason, it works this way. Maybe it will work by simply having your ringtone as the notification sound, too. I have it set to both for now.

TAB1017

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I just had the same thing happen I don't know if this will help but when I looked at my settings I and I had noticed a "reading mode" was set I clicked it off and voila my ringtones which I did make using ringdroid worked again

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I just had the same thing happen I don't know if this will help but when I looked at my settings I and I had noticed a "reading mode" was set I clicked it off and voila my ringtones which I did make using ringdroid worked again

Where is this reading mode you disabled? Was it located in settings - accessibility?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Ed Whitley

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
for Android 4.xx - go to the call screen (like you're going to call someone) and push the 3dot menu button at the bottom right, it will come up with only settings, select that. scroll down and look for Caller ID Readout, there are 3 settings and sometimes the phone gets stuck on caller id repeat, just change it to ring only and your tones will play agian!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool