1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Clearing "pinned" music from device in Play Music

I've been an Android user since the G1, but this one has me stumped.

I have a Nexus 4 with a considerable amount of "pinned" music in the Play Music app taking up storage space. This pinning seems to have taken on a life of its own, and I'm finding that the app is permanently storing music locally that I never wanted downloaded.

So my question is this: what's the best way to completely clear everything that's been "pinned" so far, and start over? I knew how to unpin music in the app before the recent design refresh, but now I'm not seeing it anywhere. Is there a way to just unpin everything through the app? Or can I use a file manager or connect the device to a PC and just delete the music files?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Default Re: Clearing "pinned" music from device in Play Music

Just click the pin icon again until it goes grey and angled instead of orange and vertical. Works for magazines too, they were taking up my 16gb!! Good luck.

In Google Music, hit the menu button, then Settings/Clear Cache, and let us know if that works.

I have the same problem!

I have been trying to unpin some music I downloaded, But when i click te blue pin it just says "this music is only stored on this device."
    I can't figure out how to access it from the computer. I don't know what to do.

Help?

Did you download the music from Google Play? Have you tried opening Google Music, tapping the menu button, then tapping Settings/Clear Cache, as mentioned above?

Angry Re: Clearing "pinned" music from device in Play Music

I have tried all that is posted and the music is still pinned to my galaxy 10.1. It took me factory resetting the my device twice to realize this was the problem of storage keep running out on my 16gb note 10.1.

Once in the "Pinned" album or song, click on the menu (vertical three dots in front of the name) of each song and choose "Delete". Doing this didn't remove the songs in the Google Play Music website, so no need to worry. It just cleared the "Pinned" music from the phone.

To remove all of the songs in Google Music, you'll need to go to app manager and clear data. That will remove everything but the app itself. I have to do this sometimes before I make a nandroid to have enough room on my phone for the backup. When you restart the app, you'll have to login your account and all of your library and playlists will still show but none of it will be stored on the device.