Any way to turn off some apps without rooting SG4 Verizon

droidlouise

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
The SG4 is my second smartphone - first was the Droid Charge, which nearly drove me crazy but I learned a lot.

I am aware of the possibility of rooting my phone, but having never done it.....I'm hoping to fine ways to make it work for me unless and until I find someone to root it with me - and teach me.

So, my biggest irritant is the app that says Play Music, and has an icon of a pair of yellow headphones, is playing music most of the time. I don't hear it unless I turn the media volume up pretty high - but ??? When I open it, it is called "Listen Now" and has images of the music that I had on my external SD card from the Droid Charge. The options seem to be to play my own music or all music. This is a Google app called Google Play Music. It is running all the time and when I force turn it off, it turns back on.

Story Album is also running along with an Amazon process (not the shopping cart - I think more apps)

Samsung Watch and Samsung Link are also running all the time.

I know about task killers but unless there are new and better ones (recommendations please), they turn most things back on pretty quickly and don't really accomplish very much.

BTW, Verizon, without my knowledge, switched my SD card from my Droid to the SG4. Is that ok? It seems to be working.

So I guess I'm asking for suggestions as to how to turn at least some of these apps off and avoid having to root, if possible.

Thanks for reading this and for any suggestions/recommendations.

Louise

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
you can disable apps by going to settings>apps>all then scroll down to the apps that you want to disable and click on the app and you should see disable. that will turn off the app and will not show up in your app drawer. using the SD card from your droid charge is ok.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae