Password apps

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I always forget all my damn passwords to every site I use, do the standard password apps in Google play actually have security behind them or are they not safe at all?

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Look for reputable companies when selecting a password manager app for your device. It also won't hurt to check Play Store reviews to verify the app works based on user repsonses. Here are two that I've heard are great:

mSecure
1Password

I don't use a manager so can't really say for sure if either are good or not. Good luck, and be sure to revisit and tell us what you decided to use and any thoughts you might have.

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the recommendations but are they truely safe and no way for someone else to hack into it and steal all ur ****

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the recommendations but are they truely safe and no way for someone else to hack into it and steal all ur ****

We should sure hope so :). Unfortunately, there's really no way to say for certain that the apps are hack-proof or the company won't go steal your information once you have provided it. That's why I suggest going with a reputable company (research the company online and through reviews or referrals) and do research as to how they protect your personal information. They should have clear guidlines about security or who (if) they share your information with.

If you are concerend with privacy, then perhaps you only allow those apps to save passwords related to recreational sites, such as Android Central, and manually log into sites with sensitatve information, such as banking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12