Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By friedtators
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Default Will warm or hot weather damage my battery?

I am so worried about my battery, nothing is wrong with it i just worry a lot. I am afraid to use my phone outside when it's warm or hot because i am afraid that it'll damage my battery. Will warm or hot weather damage my battery? Should i worry about using it outside? Please help lessen my worrying, thanks!

Default Re: Will warm or hot weather damage my battery?

Do not leave it in the sun or a hot car. Otherwise it will be OK. It will not last as long in hot temps. Charging in the hot heat is not desirable but for a short period would be OK. Worry too much and the battery will last longer than you.

Hot is not warm
    B. Diddy likes this.

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

It would have to be exposed to temperatures 120 degrees fahrenheit and above at extended periods to cause any major damage. Really as long as you don't throw it in a fire you'll be fine

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

Although keep in mind that in the summer, your car can get pretty frickin hot if left in direct sunlight, easily as high as 120F. Refer to this article:

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/os/heat/index.shtml#car

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

I'm in AZ and worked where I was unable to bring my phone on site and had to leave it in my car, I also used to have the same worries. I can tell you even though it is not recommended for batteries, I kept multiple phones in 120+ degree cars at least 4 days a week for 10 hours a day and never noticed and significant battery life lose. One thing I should point out though is the fact that I rarely keep a phone longer that a year, after that I have no experience.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums