Can't Delete Repeating Facebook Event From Calendar (EVO)

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have Google and Facebook events show on my EVO's calendar. Since I keep a tight FB friends list, I don't mind the b-days showing. However, I said I'd be attending an online event from a FB contact that was set up as a daily thing for 7 hours and as a result, I've got it spamming my calendar view with four months worth of meetings. I went to FB and removed the event from my list there and went to the event page and said I wouldn't be attending, but even when I force sync the calendar, it's still showing up. Only turning off FB calendars entirely removes it, but the birthdays go with the bathwater. Is there any way to clear this that I'm overlooking? TIA!

rsduncan1

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Dirk - I am having the same problem A Facebook event that I am not even attending has filled everyday in my calendar (the BP boycott one) from May to September. Really annoying.

I tried everything you did before reading this post. Hopefully someone else will have a solution.

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
That was happening to me too actually. I had to go into the settings of the sync in settings and uncheck the facbook app where it says calendar and contacts i did both but all you would have to do is calendar. Hope that helps.

phaedrus05

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm also having the same issue with a persistent event spamming my calendar. Can you provide a bit more detail as to how you fixed this? I changed the event to no longer attending and went in to the sync settings, but the only place I saw a calendar sync was under Google's sync-able items. Facebook and Facebook for HTC both only have contacts (and live feed for the latter) sync options.

This is INDREDIBLY annoying.

mattydubs

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
phew! that sucked. i had same problem, and finally fixed it. on my evo, go settings > applications > manage applications > calendar storage > clear storage. then go to your calendar, notice that the recurring fb event is gone. as is every other event. just resync your fb and you should be good.

Reactions: DirkBelig

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
phew! that sucked. i had same problem, and finally fixed it. on my evo, go settings > applications > manage applications > calendar storage > clear storage. then go to your calendar, notice that the recurring fb event is gone. as is every other event. just resync your fb and you should be good.
YES!!!!! You = Da Man!!!:cool: