Where does this Evernote thing on my HTC One S saves its voice recordings?

Amir Eldor

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I've recorded some audio with my notes widget on my HTC One S, and I think it's all mangled together with some Evernote account that the setup wanted me to create when I just purchased the phone. I recorded some audio on my notes and I want to copy them to my computer. I don't even find anything that resembles an Evernote folder or a notes folder on the phone's storage when connecting through USB. Where are the files?!

Am I out of luck and need to re-record with a normal audio recording app?

I'm not even sure if it's the right forum. I'm not even sure if I'm on the right site. But thanks!

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
you are using the phone to record. evernotes is getting in the way. can you not record and at end of recording save/share to Drive and access from your computer

Amir Eldor

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I can share the note to my Dropbox or Drive account but it's only sharing the note as a static image, and not any audio attached to it.
I think I will have to forget about those previous recordings and just re-record them again with a normal application.
Thanks for the help though, if you have any other thoughs I'd be happy to hear.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Open the note, in the bottom corner, click the menu overflow (3 dots), tap "save attachment"

It will go to your download folder. You can open in google music or whatever other media player will handle the format.

From there, the choice is yours for where you send it for storage or whatever.

Just a heads up... Evernote is pretty much the most well done app ever, the utilities are endless. Odds are that if you are having a problem, there is a fix.

Posted via Android Central App

Amir Eldor

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
First, in my HTC One S the three dots are at the top right. Second, I don't have the option 'Send/save attachment'.

Also, it seems the notes are not being synchrotnized although they are in the right notebook and the sync menu says it was synced recently successfully (every 10 minutes). Maybe it's a bug that I should report to Evernote or HTC?

18K06p5gQd86Ovg0YJuM2y

(The last option is "Details", and I tried "Move to" which just moves to another notebook and "Save" that only says "Note save")

:(

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
That's probably a better choice. Did you install it? It looks much different, right? Let me know if it worked.

Amir Eldor

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I recorded a test on the Evernote. It now has save attachments that saves an .amr to the simcard or I have no idea where. If I'll have any problems to transfer it with the USB (can't do that right now) then I'll post again. Thanks!

Amir Eldor

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I can save the attachment from the Evernote app to my sdcard, but I didn't manage to copy it to my computer via USB for some reason. However, I have Dropbox installed and after I save the attachment, I can upload it using the Dropbox app and it will sync to my computer.

Thanks for the help.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I can save the attachment from the Evernote app to my sdcard, but I didn't manage to copy it to my computer via USB for some reason. However, I have Dropbox installed and after I save the attachment, I can upload it using the Dropbox app and it will sync to my computer.

Thanks for the help.

Evernote syncs to Evernote... As in, log on to your Evernote account, or download the desktop app, and it'll all be there. If you make any sort of note, it is automatically on every device you have.

Amir Eldor

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Linux sucks :)
I'm currently under my LInux box and therefore there's no Evernote desktop app, and I got some missing plugins on Firefox and Chromium for downloading audio from the Web app.
I don't care for these issues though, as I already have a working solution.
Thanks again for all the help.

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
The thread is pretty old. Still, replying as I came hunting for the same answer. Since I found the solution in another forum, I thought I will reply too for the benefit of others who come in looking for the same.

SDCard > .data > HtcNotes
You might need to change settings to "View Hidden Files" to see the .data folder. In HtcNotes folder, there are other hidden folders starting with a dot ".numbered". One of these folders would have the recording file. Mine was a ".aac" file. It could be .amr file (assuming).

Thanks.