New GMail 4.5 for Android

Alegre

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the new Gmail 4.5 on my Droid Bionic version 4.1.2. I can't figure out how to delete emails. When I swipe, I only get the option to archive. Any help would be appreciated.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Press the menu button and there will be a delete option. You can also set it up in setting to show the delete option instead of the archive option (or you can show both).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Long press the email you want to delete. You'll see the garbage can icon appear at the top of the screen.

You can also go to Gmail's Settings/General Settings, select "Archive & delete actions," and select "Show delete only." Then also make sure "Swipe to delete" is checked.

Alegre

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Another question. Is there anyway to delete everything that is in Trash. I have 999+ in the Trash. I tried swiping to delete those but nothing happened. Thanks again.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I've been seeing a lot of people complaining about this today. Whats the big difference between delete and archive

Sent from my phone with the app.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Perfect. Thank you. Is there anyway to delete multiple emails at a time?

After long-pressing the first email you want to delete, then just keep long-pressing other emails you also want to delete. You'll see the count increase at the top of the screen. Once you've selected all of the emails you want to delete, then tap the garbage can.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Another question. Is there anyway to delete everything that is in Trash. I have 999+ in the Trash. I tried swiping to delete those but nothing happened. Thanks again.

Go to your Trash folder, then hit the menu button, and select "Empty Trash."

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I can't even find a menu button!

If your phone doesn't have a hardware menu button, then there should be a soft button somewhere on the screen. Look for an icon of 3 vertical dots. Post a screenshot if you still have problems.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app