1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung galaxy s2. softwarre update problem

Hi last night my phone (Samsung galaxy s2) said there was a software update available so I downloaded it. The battery life was at 98%, but the battery is pretty bad, but anyways I left it on to download over night (not charging) and now the phone can't on properly. When I charge it the battery icon comes than flashes to the android software update screen then it offs itself. I tried charging the phone with the battery removed but it doesn't even turn on. I think the battery might have died during the update. Right now it doesn't have the charging icon and the screen keeps flashing on/off the update screen. I have no idea whats wrong, can you help please? i have loads of important files, and I dont want to lose them.

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Samsung galaxy s2. softwarre update problem

Do you have Kies loaded to the computer? If so, connect the phone to the computer and load Kies. See if it sees the device and if it allows you to update the device and get it booted. The phone could have powered off during the installation and something went wrong, which is why you should make sure the phoen is plugged into a power source for future updates.

If the above doesn't work try powering off the phone (pull battery) and power on by holding the power button+volume down. This should put the device into download mode. If you are able to get there then you should be able to get the phone working again (if Kies is unsuccessful) but you probably won't have data preserved. This method will require you to use another PC Program (ODIN) and files specific to your S2 model to get it working.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Do you have Kies loaded to the computer? If so, connect the phone to the computer and load Kies. See if it sees the device and if it allows you to update the device and get it booted. The phone could have powered off during the installation and something went wrong, which is why you should make sure the phoen is plugged into a power source for future updates.

If the above doesn't work try powering off the phone (pull battery) and power on by holding the power button+volume down. This should put the device into download mode. If you are able to get there then you should be able to get the phone working again (if Kies is unsuccessful) but you probably won't have data preserved. This method will require you to use another PC Program (ODIN) and files specific to your S2 model to get it working.
    When I plug the phone into my laptop it doesn't come up. I tried getting into that download mode but it doesn't work. Basically the phone doesn't power on unless I charge it. But when I do that it doesn't turn on normally, first the battery charging icon appears on the screen and then it flashes the image of the software downloading. Then the screen turns off, after about 10 seconds the process repeats itself over and over again.

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Sounds like there might have been some corruption to a partition during the update. Check with the carrier or Samsung to see if it could be replaced. Without it being recognized by the computer or not having access to download mode makes it impossible to recover the device on your own.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

recently my S2 started getting over heated n batter drain quickly and offcourse all applications malfunction. So first I installed unwanted applications n the cleared all the cache files, but still no use

I tried to upgrade firmware which keep telling when I connect to kies via windows PC but never completed its action. gets hang and then phone disconnects.

after few google suggestions, I went for factory reset then try to update software through wifi but now it rejects my samsung password and says wrong password

I tried again firm update thru kies but still same problem

Even thou I used backup file, the phone gets overheated where quickly.

Someone can help on this

goodevening .. i tried to update my samsung S2 but unfortunately, it stops because of internet connection , now i cant open it . what am i going to do ?