Help - Tmobile Prepaid Data doesn't work on Samsung

Valerie Fath

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I just started prepaid service with Tmobile on my unlocked Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket. I have unlimited min/msg/data. Everything works fine except data. APN settings are correct. Reset APN to default. Data and Roaming are set to on. Wifi is turned off. Tried a hard reset. Called Tmobile and they are unable to assist. What else can I try?

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
you have a att edition of the phone and its missing a key band. so depending on your area it will not get 3g. 2g it will get all over. i would check in the settings under mobile and make sure data is checked. there could be something wrong with the sim card. its possible your tower is having trouble. why not take it to tmobile and hand it to them. no stress they can check sim

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree with friedtators, the Skyrocket is the At&t version of the S2, so it would likely lack 3g or 4g. 2g, voice and text should still work.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Valerie Fath

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I am currently staying in the mountains where service is not great. I have used prepaid data before in Denver and it worked okay. I will take it down to Denver to see if it works and if not I will have them check. Thank you!